Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jiri Skalak

GenericJames

Apr 2, 2016
Is it too early to be asking if players are good enough for the Premier League? If not, might I ask the question of Jiri Skalak.

With more minutes this season than both Solly March and Jamie Murphy, Jiri Skalak has not started the last two games against Sheffield Wednesday and Cardiff. His crossing seems a lot less accurate of late, his dead ball deliveries don't seem to have the same potency as before. Perhaps it's just a little bit of off form,but I've always been a little bit unconvinced by him.

Perhaps I'm just overreacting though.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Yes.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Is it too early to be asking if players are good enough for the Premier League? If not, might I ask the question of Jiri Skalak.

With more minutes this season than both Solly March and Jamie Murphy, Jiri Skalak has not started the last two games against Sheffield Wednesday and Cardiff. His crossing seems a lot less accurate of late, his dead ball deliveries don't seem to have the same potency as before. Perhaps it's just a little bit of off form,but I've always been a little bit unconvinced by him.

Perhaps I'm just overreacting though.
Perhaps you are.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
No from me

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Yes, far too early. Also, March (for all his potential) actually hasn't had the chance to consistently deliver this season so given Skalak has 5 assists (still the most in the squad) and appears to be going through a bad patch, maybe now isn't the best time to be directly comparing the two.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
He's an okay squad player but not near the standard needed for a PL squad and even at the competitive end of the championship. He has his moments of quality, but any footballer in his position is meant to do that...the odd cross that actually gets to its intended target or a sitter that isn't missed. In terms of consistency he's nowhere near where we need to be. Same can be said for Tomer Hemed.

Obviously I don't dislike them, as a fan, but my heart does sink about 10% when they have the ball. That being said, I'm always ready to be pleasantly surprised.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here