Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're not very good, Fulham are better......

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I really don't think us fulham fans need to worry! Seriously,we are a better side than reading,derby brighton ect. Take note when japp stam and other managers complement fulham. The players are still learning jokanovics system,and there will be mistakes along the way.My only concern would be penalties? and who takes them from now on? I would like to nominate Tom Cairney to take penalties from now on.Cairney will benefit even more as the leader given more responsibilites,i really think so.There is still a long way to go yet,and the likes of brighton showing peak form will slacken off like they did last year.Are they really that good? We know deep down that they are not! Can anyone really say that they are better than fulham? Can anyone say reading are better? If we get our act together and cut out the silly stuff,we can have a good run at the play-offs. I don't feel let down by our players,and i would seriously not want to start giving them negatives at this stage of the season.Believe me,there is nobody more disapointed than Cairney and co right now. I hope they don't take too many negative reviews too bad.We trounced reading last year for petes sake! Fulham players need to learn not to be too predictable,everybody watches video coveridges when they lose to us.Yapp Stam worked out what we do and nulified our play situation this time around.And even then Stams plan shouldn't have worked,but for us missing penalties!!! I won't comment on martin because i really think these knock backs always turn thaemselves around next time,hopefully soon. I think we will hammer a team 6.0 sooner or later,and go on a win win win series of games.Watch this space! I know fulham will turn it around!!!

http://www.fulhamweb.co.uk/messageboard/we-will-finish-in-the-play-offs-no-worries!!!.aspx#13645

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I really don't think us fulham fans need to worry! Seriously,we are a better side than reading,derby brighton ect. Take note when japp stam and other managers complement fulham. The players are still learning jokanovics system,and there will be mistakes along the way.My only concern would be penalties? and who takes them from now on? I would like to nominate Tom Cairney to take penalties from now on.Cairney will benefit even more as the leader given more responsibilites,i really think so.There is still a long way to go yet,and the likes of brighton showing peak form will slacken off like they did last year.Are they really that good? We know deep down that they are not! Can anyone really say that they are better than fulham? Can anyone say reading are better? If we get our act together and cut out the silly stuff,we can have a good run at the play-offs. I don't feel let down by our players,and i would seriously not want to start giving them negatives at this stage of the season.Believe me,there is nobody more disapointed than Cairney and co right now. I hope they don't take too many negative reviews too bad.We trounced reading last year for petes sake! Fulham players need to learn not to be too predictable,everybody watches video coveridges when they lose to us.Yapp Stam worked out what we do and nulified our play situation this time around.And even then Stams plan shouldn't have worked,but for us missing penalties!!! I won't comment on martin because i really think these knock backs always turn thaemselves around next time,hopefully soon. I think we will hammer a team 6.0 sooner or later,and go on a win win win series of games.Watch this space! I know fulham will turn it around!!!

http://www.fulhamweb.co.uk/messageboard/we-will-finish-in-the-play-offs-no-worries!!!.aspx#13645

So, in summary, he thinks that Fulham will kick on in the second half of the season because they are 'better', even though he thinks everyone they've beaten will have now worked them out and so will nullify their threat. Got it.

I'd estimate that the writer is about 13 years old.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Nonsense post aside, Fulham certainly ARE better than their table position suggests. How many more points would they have if they'd scored all (rather than an incredible TWO) of their SEVEN(?) penalties, this season?

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
So, in summary, he thinks that Fulham will kick on in the second half of the season because they are 'better', even though he thinks everyone they've beaten will have now worked them out and so will nullify their threat. Got it.

I'd estimate that the writer is about 13 years old.

I don't look at other forums much, but is there a general trend of trawling other team forums to pick out he obviously idiotic posts and then smugly presenting this back on your home team forum as evidence of what deluded idiots XXX's fans are?

I only ask because NSC must represent an absolute GOLDMINE of material.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
"and the likes of brighton showing peak form will slacken off like they did last year."

I don't recall that.

I know I shouldn't let it but this commentary that Brighton bottled it last year really bothers me.

We got ****ed by Mike D***.

We then lost 4 players due to injury in the first 45 minutes of 180 minute game and with a bit of luck in the second leg might have still won it.

Grrrrrrrr.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I don't look at other forums much, but is there a general trend of trawling other team forums to pick out he obviously idiotic posts and then smugly presenting this back on your home team forum as evidence of what deluded idiots XXX's fans are?

This in spades with knobs, bells and whistles on.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

No problem with outing deluded idiots (ours or theirs) - its only when people try to present it as the views of ALL fans of that club that it gets daft.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Nice idea, but misinformed guesswork. I started with a simple Google search of "Robbie Keane transfer" to see the latest news of who's in for him. Read about PNE and 2 articles mentioned Fulham were also in for him, as I hadnt heard that before I clicked to read, the second link was the one to the fulham forum, scrolling with the only intention of reading about Fulham interest in Keane, I happened upon this deluded post, that made me laugh and thus shared. If that's trolling a rival board then I'm guilty. But I think it's more like you added 2+2 and came up with 417

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

While this is an obvious trend and I agree, it wouldn't take long searching for you to realise that, comparatively, NSC is a haven of sense and reason to most team's main boards.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Fulham are a good side with great potential - they've given us a scare twice now.

However, the table rarely lies; they're 9th. With some better finishing/someone who can take a penalty then they could be higher. But they aren't.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Nice idea, but misinformed guesswork. I started with a simple Google search of "Robbie Keane transfer" to see the latest news of who's in for him. Read about PNE and 2 articles mentioned Fulham were also in for him, as I hadnt heard that before I clicked to read, the second link was the one to the fulham forum, scrolling with the only intention of reading about Fulham interest in Keane, I happened upon this deluded post, that made me laugh and thus shared. If that's trolling a rival board then I'm guilty. But I think it's more like you added 2+2 and came up with 417

I probably came across harsher than i meant with regard to your OP
More about pointing out just how much similar material NSC would provide to anyone coming in from outside.
Quite a variety...
Some people even think a shrimp is harder than a wolverine ffs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here