Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Imps v Seagulls

Sticky Palmer

Jan 27, 2017
Lincoln fan here. Can't wait for tomorrow, fantastic day in our Club's history, made-up that it's against a famous old club like yourselves. I'm actually going to be sat in the away end with a Brighton fan, but still intend to enjoy the day.

I've written a blog for around 10 years now, pretty much on the underground scene of Non League - actually been to the wonderful Dripping Pan at Lewes this season.

Anyhow, will post blog on here on Sunday evening of my thoughts on the game. Link to blog below:

www.stickypalms.blogspot.com

Have a safe journey to and from Sincil Bank and enjoy the day.

Cheers

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Nice post mate. What is the weather forecast for tomorrow up there ?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Its a weird one tomorrow, of course I will support our club and for the 90 minutes want us to win BUT at the end of the day if we lose it won't matter, in fact a loss would be good as it will mean we play Barnsley on a 3pm Saturday game so there will be many more of our fans who can travel to it.

I realise we will have 11 changes from Tuesday night and a fifth round match will not effect the first team necessarily but it will mean they have to fit another game into a quickly shrinking calendar.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I enjoyed/endured my last visit... although I recall Leo Fortune-West made Mark Ormerod look flimsy at best. I guess, upon reflection, he was.

Kosh

Sticky Palmer

Jan 27, 2017
7 degrees, absolutely no worries re frost, although been a few this week. Pitch is in fairly decent nick, but not a bowling green like yours.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I enjoyed/endured my last visit... although I recall Leo Fortune-West made Mark Ormerod look flimsy at best. I guess, upon reflection, he was.

Kosh

That 'flimsy at best' young keeper kept the Albion in the league / in existence.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Lincoln fan here. Can't wait for tomorrow, fantastic day in our Club's history, made-up that it's against a famous old club like yourselves. I'm actually going to be sat in the away end with a Brighton fan, but still intend to enjoy the day.

I've written a blog for around 10 years now, pretty much on the underground scene of Non League - actually been to the wonderful Dripping Pan at Lewes this season.

Anyhow, will post blog on here on Sunday evening of my thoughts on the game. Link to blog below:

Cheers

Thanks for the post, will definitely check out your blog.

I can't make the game so just internet commentary and TV highlights for me.

Of course I want us to win, but the silver lining if we lose is avoiding a potentially devastating fixture pile up, so que sera sera etc.

Best of luck to Lincoln City for their season.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
The John Harvey in Lewes. Good choice [MENTION=35114]Sticky Palmer[/MENTION].

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
That 'flimsy at best' young keeper kept the Albion in the league / in existence.

I realise his performance at Hereford was heroic... however he could, and often was, weak. We were (after all) struggling for many, many reasons. Don't get me wrong; I liked both Ormerod and Rust, but both could have been better... Ormerod's kicking made Kuipers look like Baggio with the ball at his feet.

What happened at Hereford doesn't change the fact that the majority of that team, heroes doubtless, were truly woeful. Or have we forgotten the turgidity of the following season? At least until Gritt departed.

Last edited:

HASSOCKS-BHA

Jun 11, 2012

Cheers

Won't forget our 2003 encounter with you guys in the first round of the FA Cup and your fans singing the Dambusters theme at us after going 3-0 up along with the chant "Can we play you every week".

Recall us getting a consolation goal to make it 3-1 but it was a poor performance from us and a day I try to forget.

Was unbelievably cold as well if I recall.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Cheers

Looking forward to tomorrow. Another ground to tick off and a home sell-out, should be a great day out.

Any pubs to recommend / avoid?

BangaloreGull

Jun 18, 2011
Burgess Hill
Great memories of Lincoln but strangely down to Exeter City rather than Albion. Back in the 90s my Exeter supporting mate and I used to select a group of Brighton and Exeter away matches to do each year and Lincoln was their last game when they had already won the 4th division championship. Lincoln needed a win to make the play offs and atmosphere was buzzing until City hammered them (I can't remember quite how many but I think it was 6. Th entire Lincoln crowd looked like Munch's Scream. Anyway, hope we beet them by a similar score tomorrow, but wish them all the best in fight to get back to the league.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I realise his performance at Hereford was heroic... however he could, and often was, weak. We were (after all) struggling for many, many reasons. Don't get me wrong; I liked both Ormerod and Rust, but both could have been better... Ormerod's kicking made Kuipers look like Baggio with the ball at his feet.

What happened at Hereford doesn't change the fact that the majority of that team, heroes doubtless, were truly woeful. Or have we forgotten the turgidity of the following season? At least until Gritt departed.

They were the best we had at the time, and they gave of their best. I've never asked for more.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
They were the best we had at the time, and they gave of their best. I've never asked for more.

I'm not sure what's being implied here, but I agree wholeheartedly with the above. I can only say, that retrospectively, they were the best of times and the worst of times...

It was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.

Was it not?

Last edited:

Lincoln City fans must have experienced similar feelings about their own team, as they slid out of the fourth tier of English football and then failed to bounce back quickly. How good it must feel at the moment to be clearly in recovery. I'm full of admiration for the fans who have stuck with them through thin and thinner. Good luck for the rest of the season!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Lincoln City fans must have experienced similar feelings about their own team, as they slid out of the fourth tier of English football and then failed to bounce back quickly. How good it must feel at the moment to be clearly in recovery. I'm full of admiration for the fans who have stuck with them through thin and thinner. Good luck for the rest of the season!

Wise words and well worth repeating.

Those who were there, can surely only sit in utter disbelief when reading comments about certain players such as Bong... How can I watch a mediocre Championship performance and still smile? Well: I've been in the stand and watched Peter Smith overlapping with Denny Mundee, and the memory alone is enough to still my beating heart.

Hope was kindled doubtless, but it has taken may a year to see the fires of belief burn bright once more.

Onward to glory.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Or have we forgotten the turgidity of the following season?

Check yer dictionary!

Or was it a personal condition?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Won't forget our 2003 encounter with you guys in the first round of the FA Cup and your fans singing the Dambusters theme at us after going 3-0 up along with the chant "Can we play you every week".

Recall us getting a consolation goal to make it 3-1 but it was a poor performance from us and a day I try to forget.

Was unbelievably cold as well if I recall.

It was and a match I'd rather forget, but unfortunately I can't. It wasn't as if we had a 'weaker' team either.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here