Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Decent ESPN article on stadium atmosphere

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Got a couple of flat capper mates who came down for the game friday night chatting to them yesterday and they both said the atmosphere created by the home yes home fans was by far and away the best they had heard for a long long time , i didn't go to the game but i kinda thought to myself they don't get out much then , but chatting to other brighton bods about the game on friday it seems they also felt the atmosphere was pretty good , no gimmicks , just exciting football seems to be the only sure fire way to get the Amexians all around the ground singing , still miss gully's girls girls though :love:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Relates primarily to the new White Hart Lane, but features Martin Perry talking about our away fan Amex experience (plus a couple of digs at the light shows, cheerleaders & 'call and response' efforts of The Officially Worst Team In The Entire League 2016)

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/espn-fc-...er-league-clubs-create-better-fan-experiences

Away fans are a key element too. Anyone who has been at a game when travelling fans are banned will know how eerie it can be, and more thought is going into making the most from visiting supporters. When Brighton built the Amex Stadium in 2011, much was made of the welcome they would lay on for away fans, which extended to stocking guest beers from the visiting club's locality, lights that change to reflect the team's colour and signs thanking the fans for travelling to the south coast.

These weren't gimmicks, but ideas with a specific purpose in mind. "Our philosophy is that you give everybody the best fan experience you can," Brighton director Martin Perry explains to ESPN FC. "The idea is to simply encourage people to come. Having an away end that's full generates atmosphere in itself; you get the banter and songs generated between the fans. We want people to look at the fixture list and think 'I want to go back.' That will increase the number of people that come, and improve the atmosphere."

Good read and find :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here