Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Pneumonia

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Instead of going to the game on Tuesday I was being taken by ambulance to the PRH in HH where they diagnosed me with pneumonia. I was discharged yesterday but feel shockingly ill. Anybody had the same and how long before you were able to get back to work etc. I was also told that there has been a marked increase in pneumonia cases this winter.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I know several people who have had a horrible cough and just can't shake it off, not sure that is actually pneumonia but they've been really ill.

Anyway, look after yourself and I hope you feel better real soon

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Instead of going to the game on Tuesday I was being taken by ambulance to the PRH in HH where they diagnosed me with pneumonia. I was discharged yesterday but feel shockingly ill. Anybody had the same and how long before you were able to get back to work etc. I was also told that there has been a marked increase in pneumonia cases this winter.

My Dad died from it.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

my wife(74) was taken into hospital with it , she rarely is ill and after smoking for nearly 50 years (be stopped now for a good few years) has never had a cough.
makes me feel a bit of a wimp as I have a season ticket for the DGH although this bloody thing has not hit me to badly ....yet.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
I had it, it went undiagnosed by two GPs and then turned into sepsis. I was in intensive care for a week and general ward for a further two. Back at work within six weeks of that.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton

I had a really bad case of pneumonia and swine flu combined about 4 years ago, was kept in hospital for a month. I seem to suffer from it quite a lot having two more cases in last 4 years, each time finding it harder to recover. On average it took me 4-6 weeks to get over it properly. Wish you healthy recovery.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Get well soon

Its been a Winter for illness...its been quite a while since ive known so many people go down with various ailments ...i was off work for a week and yet haven't had a day off ill for many years

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing

Really sorry to hear this and wish you a speedy recovery

Pneumonia does appear to be quite prevalent this winter I know of four individuals who currently are suffering two are in hospital one is in ITU

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
I had it when I was 31, also had Pleurisy at the same time. I felt like crap for a couple of days and went and saw my GP, who did the standard tests and said I had a virus which'll pass in a couple of day. 2 days later I was in hospital and diagnosed with both, the doctor in hospital didn't believe I'd seen my GP 2 days earlier! I was discharged same day and was off work for 2 weeks, for the first week felt like crap but 2nd week wasn't too bad when all the drugs were doing their job I guess. After a week I had to go and see my GP for progress checks, needless to say he was very apologetic.

Don't use that GP anymore........

This was 16 years ago. I was going through a divorce and the Dr's thought the stress brought it on.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Pneumonia can take up to six weeks for recovery. Don't try to do things before you feel absolutely better, because you can knock yourself back again. I have a friend who's five weeks into their recovery and still having to go to bed around 7pm each evening with exhaustion.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Had to call an ambulance for my gf on Sunday night when she collapsed after flu like symptoms. Really thought she had Pneumonia but a chest x ray proved clear. Some horrible viruses around this year.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here