Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WHO ARE YA? - Brighton & Hove Albion (#1)

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
Well done BHAFC Jack - and thanks to Vital Lincoln City for posting it

That's a very enjoyable Q&A with some great responses

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Not entirely sure we are "working the system" with FFP. A large chunk of our losses is deprecation and academy costs. This isn't fiddling the system - it is legitimate losses that are covered by FFP. We don't want to perpetuate the myth that it is some kind of shell game.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
While you were nomads after the move out of the Goldstone did you ever think there would be a time when you had a realistic chance of promotion to the Premier or were you just pleased you still had a club?

"For me personally I just simply can't believe the position we're in, I had a season ticket for every year at the Goldstone Ground since I was 4 years old, and after years of standing on a cold terrace in some god forsaken northern town I simply can't believe we're spending millions of pounds on players and to watch internationals play for us is simply amazing, at the time I was just pleased there was somewhere to watch football but in hindsight this club has such a huge catchment area and if given the chance to flourish could become a massive club but it just needed to the chance to do so."

Impossible for a 20 year old Jack.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Not wanting to appear a dick but how does someone that is 20 experience the war years?

Also, I didn't realise they were selling Season Tickets at the Goldstone 16 years ago:shrug:

Quite a bit of that doesn't add up, has let himself down there methinks.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Oh - and "English Professionals" and "English Amateurs" won the Community Shield several times without winning the cup or league but I guess there is an argument over them being a club.

And the university wasn't the only available land, it was the most viable.

And Bridcutt's volley was just outside the edge of the D so not 30 yards.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Until 1913, the matches were between the champions of The Football League and the Southern Football League, when the match was changed to become a game between professionals and amateurs players.
Brighton won the Southern Football League, so were qualified to play Villa who won the Football League.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Oh - and "English Professionals" and "English Amateurs" won the Community Shield several times without winning the cup or league but I guess there is an argument over them being a club.

And the university wasn't the only available land, it was the most viable.

And Bridcutt's volley was just outside the edge of the D so not 30 yards.

It also isn't really relevant to the question!

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Not wanting to appear a dick but how does someone that is 20 experience the war years?

Also, I didn't realise they were selling Season Tickets at the Goldstone 16 years ago:shrug:

Quite a bit of that doesn't add up, has let himself down there methinks.

To be fair, I'm 22 and have memories of marching down Brighton seafront, the lock-in at Wycombe, Prescott masks at Swindon etc. I own a copy of the We Want Falmer single & a "one site in Brighton" t-shirt. So it's not out of the question that he remembers the war years if you're classing the fight for Falmer as part of the "war years".

Doesn't stop a lot of his answers being factually incorrect, riddled with typos or being completely asinine though.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
While you were nomads after the move out of the Goldstone did you ever think there would be a time when you had a realistic chance of promotion to the Premier or were you just pleased you still had a club?

"For me personally I just simply can't believe the position we're in, I had a season ticket for every year at the Goldstone Ground since I was 4 years old, and after years of standing on a cold terrace in some god forsaken northern town I simply can't believe we're spending millions of pounds on players and to watch internationals play for us is simply amazing, at the time I was just pleased there was somewhere to watch football but in hindsight this club has such a huge catchment area and if given the chance to flourish could become a massive club but it just needed to the chance to do so."

Yeah, I was trying to work that one out too.

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
I'm 24 and have no memory of the goldstone, although I was taken to every game since I could walk. I do remember going to priestfield however, and all the years following. I remember telling friends at school I supported Brighton and being laughed at, now though there are Brighton shirts everywhere! What a time to be a seagulls supporter :albion2:

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset

To be fair on the lad, i assume he meant to say Withdean but just made a mistake. Similar for the Dunk/Duffy championship gaff.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I'm 24 and have no memory of the goldstone, although I was taken to every game since I could walk. I do remember going to priestfield however, and all the years following. I remember telling friends at school I supported Brighton and being laughed at, now though there are Brighton shirts everywhere! What a time to be a seagulls supporter :albion2:

That must have very character-forming.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here