Lee Hurst

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Third rate comedian, Lee Hurst, tweeted today:

quote_icon.png
Your baby is tied to a timebomb.
You have the terrorist. He tells you you have 1 hour.
Do you #torture him to find your baby or let it die?

What do?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Aren't there more important things to worry about than the welfare of an ISIS member, who's very belonging to that death cult is surely enough to waive any rights they might have? Really not going to worry about whether we torture them or not...flick the switch, pour the water, play 'em One Direction for all I care to make 'em talk if it prevents other innocents from dying.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
On one side you have this bellend of a comedian, trying to resurrect a failing career over a look-at-me joke, and then back to the real world, there is still no sign of the missing airman, Corrie Mckeague. :glare:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Aren't there more important things to worry about than the welfare of an ISIS member, who's very belonging to that death cult is surely enough to waive any rights they might have? Really not going to worry about whether we torture them or not...flick the switch, pour the water, play 'em One Direction for all I care to make 'em talk if it prevents other innocents from dying.

YES there most definitely is you are correct

There is an estimated 2,500 westerners currently held hostage at this moment in time by terrorist groups around the world. I worry about them now that the President of a so called Free and civilised Nation states that torture works and is acceptable.

That sends the signal that YES it would be acceptable to torture them as well because Trump says ''we must fight fire with fire'' so the parents an families of those hostages being held must now be thinking their sons or daughters could face untold torture .

So actually, not is it not acceptable to torture other human beings. Not doing so is what should set us aside from the barbarous people who do.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I just think it's the funniest thing he's said for years.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

The problem is how do you the person you have is definitely an ISIS member, you might be torturing someone who is innocent. Also I'm sure there a lot of evidence that torture doesn't work in getting the truth and that people being tortured will just tell you what you want to hear.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The problem is how do you the person you have is definitely an ISIS member, you might be torturing someone who is innocent. Also I'm sure there a lot of evidence that torture doesn't work in getting the truth and that people being tortured will just tell you what you want to hear.

Is the correct answer. I may be paraphrasing an old quote but if you have 100 people and 1 confesses they are a witch the other 99 didn't confess they are also witches as they have not yet been tortured

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here