Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Indeed, a long way from the dugout at The Goldstone

article-2335090-00E9EADA00000190-963_634x444.jpg

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Very few managers are.

Remember reading Provided you don't kiss me. Such a shame that his problems with alcohol brought a relatively early end to his career. Without it he may well have managed for five to ten years more. He was a shell of a man when he left Forest after their relegation from the top flight.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Nigel does things very different to his dad, but he has carved out a pretty decent managerial career in his own right. Certainly Burton wouldn't be where they are today without his contribution over the years and he stabilised Derby in the seasons after they dropped out of the Premier League with the lowest ever points total.

All said and done though, not sure I'd want to touch Forest with a barge pole right now. A very volatile club and a big cloud hanging over them in terms of their future ownership. Emotional ties may end up pulling him to the City Ground though.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
It had passed me by that the Tricky Trees had sacked yet another failed manager.
Possibly because I couldn't give a t0ss
Basket Case club run by a succession of know-nothing foreign owners

#ThankGod forTonyBloom

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Of course he shouldn't go to Forest, the club is a basket case. The emotional pull will be huge though and I fear his heart will rule his head. He owes the Burton chairman big time so maybe loyalty will win out in the end? I really hope so.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
He'd be crazy to leave a well run, albeit small, club like Burton for the mess that is Forest. He'd probably be sacked by the end of the season.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
And today's 'stating the bleeding obvious' award goes to anyone who predicted this news.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Of course he shouldn't go to Forest, the club is a basket case. The emotional pull will be huge though and I fear his heart will rule his head. He owes the Burton chairman big time so maybe loyalty will win out in the end? I really hope so.

I have no idea why but I really want Nigel Clough to succeed, seems like a nice bloke I suppose with the burden of his dads success on his shoulders, and this is not the right time to go back there.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here