Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'The usual?'

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Inspired by the thread about the 'love at first bite' sandwich shop in Worthing where, due to its vicinity to the old Worthing College, I was a daily regular and would walk in to be greeted to 'the usual, love?' and have my chicken, lettuce, sweetcorn and bbq sauce french stick ready in no time, I was wondering where are you guys regulars, and most importantly, what is your usual?

Expecting some interesting responces...

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
In the late 90s I used to have a lovely toasted egg sandwich every Friday in the cafe in Bond Street that's now the Bagel shop and after it's conversion I always used to order the turkey and coleslaw in a jalapeno bagel. Sadly, the Bagel Shop no longer does this. :(

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Flying Coffee Bean, Brighton Station. Large white coffee, no sugar. Rarely have to ask for it nowadays.

Round Georges. Pint of Pravha.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
In The Ham in East Worthing during the 70s and 80s, my usual was a pint of Charrington I.P.A..

Not a bad pint, during the era ofwall to wall John Smiths, Worthington s Bitter,and Tetleys slop.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
My usual is a week of cocaine fuelled sex sessions with gay boys trampling all over me. Sadly it has come to an end because of the blackmail.��

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
The Vineyard, Sittingbourne high street - pint of Punk IPA and a bottle of Bud with a glass... don't have to ask, just walk towards bar! Always worrying when bar staff know you too well...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Luigi's Cafe Abergavenny.....the waitress in there (owners daughter) is a genius! I probably go in there half a dozen times a year with the missus and yet she knows that I have an English breakfast with black pudding and beans and Mrs Mac has scrambled egg and mushrooms on toast..and two diet(!) cokes. It's a great cafe, they always seem really busy, yet she remembers.

:clap2:

I remember going into the Ram at Firle with my then eight-year old son. The woman behind the bar greeted him with the words, "Hello, Dan. The usual?" "Yes, please" came the response.

More than slightly surprised, I watched her produce ...

... a bottle of Pandapops and a straw.

That's village life for you.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Tongue and Brisket, Leather Lane, salt beef, pickles and mustard on rye, side order of a latke. Glorious.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
"The same" says the lady in my local chippie when I go in on a Friday evening for my Scampi and Chips.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Mr Cherrys on Hastings seafront, many moons ago after a tough day in the college.
Always a welcome rum and black :whisky:

Mark Mywords

Jun 21, 2016
Many years ago in the days of the Clifton in Worthing, the barmaid, Mo, would see you walking along Tarring road and a pint of the usual would be on the bar before you even got through the door.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
I called my local Indian kitchen hands free from the van sitting with a work colleague.

IK - good evening Indian kitchen
Me- hi, can I place an order and collect it please.
IK - chicken tikka biriany?
Me - yes please
IK - keema nan?
Me- yes please
IK - mint sauce?
Me -yes please
IK - 2 pappadams?
Me - yes please
IK - have you got cold Heinekens in the fridge?
Me - yes I have
IK - that's good see you in 20 minutes
Me - thanks, see you then

Work colleague... "He didn't ask your name and knows what lager you drink"
"How many curries do you eat?"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here