Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle Forums - Where are they?

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Huge club, massive fanbase, but try Googling NUFC message boards and all that comes up is a bunch of underwhelming, low-traffic sites - even the supposed go-to site that is nufc-forum.com.

That surely can't be all that there is. Where is it that Toon fans do their NSC-ing on the internet - any ideas?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Huge club, massive fanbase, but try Googling NUFC message boards and all that comes up is a bunch of underwhelming, low-traffic sites - even the supposed go-to site that is nufc-forum.com.

That surely can't be all that there is. Where is it that Toon fans do their NSC-ing on the internet - any ideas?

..still they do get 50k turn up for the game :whistle:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Toon army forum

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Looks like the fans spread themselves over three fairly big forums- Toon Army, NUFC Forum and Toontastic.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Bu they're not at all big, are they? Look at the number of threads started today, and they don't add up to anything like the traffic on little old Brighton's NSC. Most odd...

Maybe it's just because their World's Hardest Creature poll hasn't started yet?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
One thing I meant to comment on, and this thread seems the best place for it, is how refreshing it is that we have not (yet at least) been inundated with Newcastle trolls.

That may well change as we near the end of the season, but compared to Burnley and Boro last year, and Southampton in the L1 season, we've seen very few posters - and those that have posted don't seem to be KNOBS on a wind-up.

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
Toontastic is pretty quiet, but I think that's because we've got a higher average age than the other two, but I couldn't back that up with anything more than gut instinct. Our mods are pretty good at making sure there aren't multiple threads about the same thing and we're also fairly intolerant of "Who's in you favourite 11 ever?", "What do you think of this chant I made up", and threads like that, so we tend to put off those kind of users. Unashamedly cliquey most of the users have been on that board (or it's previous iterations) for years so we know how eachother thinks. :lol:

If you wanted to register and have a chat about whatever you'd get a good level of debate, the novelty would make certain of that, and much less petulant teenage fury back at you, as long as you don't just go looking for a wind up. Do the latter and I can pretty much guarantee you'll be rounded on, persist with idiocy and the admin will likely go sniffing around your social media accounts for suitable punishment. :lol:

Newcastle Online is much busier, but mods are more strict, there's more kids who'll tell you to **** off, regardless of your input. You might get a brief chat, but a lot of the replies will be pretty inane.

I never go on toon-forum, so I've no idea what it's like, but it looks pretty busy.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here