Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rory McGrath admits stalking woman....

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Nothing surprises me anymore....

Television personality Rory McGrath has admitted stalking a married woman for more than a year.
McGrath, 60, of Grantchester Street, Cambridge, pleaded guilty at Huntingdon Magistrates' Court, in Cambridgeshire.
He had been charged with following the woman, sending electronic messages and approaching her in the street.
In November McGrath denied a charge of stalking without causing fear, alarm or distress, but he changed his plea on the first day of his trial.
The offences happened in Cambridge over a 14-month period between June 2015 and August last year.

Prosecutors said McGrath sent letters to the woman's husband ???

They think it's all over.....

It is now...

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
1809802.main_image.jpg

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I knew him a bit when I used to live in Cambridge. He's quite a difficult character - you never knew which Rory to expect. On many occasions, he was brilliant company - very pleasant, generous and with some cracking stories from the entertainment industry. On other occasions, though, he could be belligerent and thoroughly unpleasant. There was no real pattern.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I knew him a bit when I used to live in Cambridge. He's quite a difficult character - you never knew which Rory to expect. On many occasions, he was brilliant company - very pleasant, generous and with some cracking stories from the entertainment industry. On other occasions, though, he could be belligerent and thoroughly unpleasant. There was no real pattern.

Did he follow you around?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

I have him down as a very intelligent man with a superb memory - is that true ? Clearly not much common sense or self-control, though.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I have him down as a very intelligent man with a superb memory - is that true ? Clearly not much common sense or self-control, though.

Incredibly intelligent, with a great memory. Like many people who have found fame for one thing or another, there was always a slight undertone of arrogance. I don't think he lacks common sense, but I do think his fame perhaps made him that he could say things or behave in a manner that others couldn't.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Incredibly intelligent, with a great memory. Like many people who have found fame for one thing or another, there was always a slight undertone of arrogance. I don't think he lacks common sense, but I do think his fame perhaps made him that he could say things or behave in a manner that others couldn't.

Sounds a bit like Donald Trump ... only with a brain :)

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
When I read about this my first thought was there's more to it than just stalking , I think maybe he and this lady had a fling , she ended it and went back to the husband but Rory with all his arrogance couldn't take that it was over..........

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Someone I know who worked with him in television described him as a nasty shit, so no this doesn't surprise me

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
On reading this thread I thought that he had stalked a stranger, but they had had a relationship for 5 years. I'm not condoning it but it is not unusual for some blokes to do this. It's creepy but not as creepy as the stranger creepy.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He didn't admit to stalking, he admitted to the "lesser" charge of harassment. They'd been having an affair for 5 years, she called it off, and he just refused to accept it was over. Even phoned her husband at work to tell him what a joke he was, apparently.

Nice character.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here