Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jurgen Klopp and Pep Guardiola specifically...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Yes, the Premier League is stuffed with foreign managers but these two in particular arrived with MASSIVE media hype and fanfare - but in reality, they're actually aren't all that, are they?

Guardiola seems to be having some sort of breakdown and Klopp has just seen his side lose at home to Swansea in the league and now knocked out of the league cup by Southampton without scoring a goal in either leg. I reckon Liverpool could easily finish outside the top 4 - what then for the affable Jurgern? Klopp for the chop?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Glad to see Guardiola struggling he swapped a goal keeper who coukld save shots for one who cant but is slightly better at beinbg a back up CB provided he doesnt hacve to use his hands.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Klopp seems to thing that German cold shower ethics will win out. Wrong
Pep thinks that inheriting galacticos and telling them to go will do it. Wrong.

Ha ha.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Glad to see Guardiola struggling he swapped a goal keeper who coukld save shots for one who cant but is slightly better at beinbg a back up CB provided he doesnt hacve to use his hands.

**** me, BG, you appear to have had even more that I have had to drink, you typograpically error strewn old fella, you :cheers:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Klopp turned up to a press conference early on in a Beatles t-shirt. Can you begin to imagine the press reaction if Brendon Rogers had done that? He's been done by Bournemouth, Swansea and Southampton yet the scousers love him. Mystery.

Pep. Where to begin. The equivalent of getting rid of Stockdale, bringing back Graham Smith and wondering why the defence has turned to shit.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
But, but, but, we've been told the leagues where they've both learned their trade are far, far better leagues than the EPL. :shrug:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Liverpool have won once in their last 7 games... and that was an FA Cup REPLAY vs. Plymouth :facepalm:

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Liverpool are in a slump, they'll come out of it. One win in seven now equals sack the manager? I'm rather pleased this wasn't the attitude of our own board in January last year......

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Liverpool have had a fixture pile -up and I also happen to think they over - achieved at the start of the season. Chelsea, Spurs, Utd, Citeh and the Arse alll have better squads.

There are some excellent managers in the Prem, probably the best crop ever.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
But, but, but, we've been told the leagues where they've both learned their trade are far, far better leagues than the EPL. :shrug:

They are.

Klopp is an outstanding manager and will get it right. He's still learning about English football, he'd been in Germany all his career.

Pep was a brilliant manager and innovator but I've thought for some time the Barca experience took a large toll on him. He's not been the same man at Bayern or Man City.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
One thing is for sure, some top managers are not going to make top 4. Don't tell me the Premier league is not the toughest in the world. Personally, if we make it, I'm bricking it but still gonna love it!

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
For the first time in Pep's career he has been under pressure. He has been a complete tosser in his media interviews recently.

Claudia Bravo is a joke of a keeper. In fact Citeh's transfer policy for the past few years has been laughable. The only decent signing being Kevin De Bruyne. Mangala, £42 million and out on loan. :facepalm:

Now he thinks Zabaleta is Phillip Lahm (going from RB to DM).

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I have to admit that I'm really enjoying Guardiola's relative struggles.

I always wondered how good a manager he actually was and thought that managing Barcelona wasn't exactly the hardest gig in world football. And Bayern Munich aren't exactly Torquay United either, are they? Being in a league where every other team is prepared to have a go no matter who they're up against would, I thought, be a bit more of a test. And so it has proved.

I also note that the Guardian ran a very snooty piece after his impressive start, dismissing any of us who had ever doubted him as know-nothing plebs. Sadly I think I must have missed the follow-up article admitting they might have jumped the gun a little.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
City are a complete basket case. They've got all the money in the world, and yet they're still relying on a group of 50-year old fullbacks (Kolarov, Cliche, Zabaleta) a midfielder who turns the lack of a birthday cake into a full-blown transfer request, a centreback who cost more than Angola's national debt who still insists on routinely passing it to opposition strikers, and a hologram for a goalkeeper.

You've GOT to love Pep for that.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm not sure Pep is all that, but he's only been here a few months. He needs time like anybody else.

Klopp is an excellent manager though. I don't see much wrong with anything he's done. How amused I was by the implication by several clueless bin dippers on the BBC text feed last night who were saying things like his honeymoon is over, needs to up his game etc. Typical Liverpool fans, really convinced they are still HUGE. As if they'd do better than Klopp FFS.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Guardiola is a fraud. Everyone raves on about his coaching skills and yet look at what and who he's worked with...he's now going through his first tough patch and he looks like he will quit because he has been found out. As a coach I used to get emails all the time saying "coach the Barcelona way" or "what are Pep's secrets" well- I'll tell you Peps secrets...Messi, Lewandowski,Puyol, Alaba and Iniesta just to name a few.

I'd like him to really grow a pair and take on the managers role at Rochdale. Then we'd see what an amazing coach he is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Lots of adjectives about Klopp being thrown about but what makes him outstanding for instance? Showing a bit of pashun when Liverpool scrambled a late winner versus Norwich, has the odd amusing jape at the press conference and keeps the hub cap sealers happy by talking about John Lennon.

Take the contract extension to Mignolet. I see what he was trying to do, give the lad confidence by extending it, making him his number 1 in the hope that in return he wakes up one morning as Gordon Banks. Unfortunately, he is still shite and got dropped for some kid from Germany. When Gus did similar with El abd or Copper with Mayo we all thought they were mad but both players improved significantly thereafter - the very sign of excellent management in my mind. Here we have one of 'The best managers in the World' pulling a similar trick and royally cocking it up. Convince me he's not a fraud?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here