Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big points gaps in the Championship for promotion

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
ELEVEN points, ELEVEN points ahead with 19 games remaining?

When was the last time did a pursuing team catch up with such a gap in the Championship?

The answer is (sort of) last season.

Boro were 8 points ahead of the Albion with a game in hand at the same stage, but by the end of the season we were neck and neck with a match to go.

Table 250116.PNG

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
This is the type of thing that I want the chasing pack to be thinking about, not us.
:smokin:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Nice explanation on the banning of Timothy.Made me laugh. 9/10

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
We'll know by the end of February as we have tough fixtures coming up but I think us & the Geordie boys may well pull away even further!!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Just when I was starting to believe! That's it then we are going to bottle it aren't we.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
We didn't catch up though - we were behind Middlesbrough after 27 games and stayed behind them at the end

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

When was the last time did a pursuing team catch up with such a gap in the Championship?

Boro were 8 points ahead of the Albion with a game in hand at the same stage, but by the end of the season we were neck and neck with a match to go.

View attachment 81561

I think this tells you more. The points we've amassed is the bigger story.
http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...-to-go-up-is&p=7768546&viewfull=1#post7768546

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Nine point gap if (when) The Leeds United beat cannon fodder Forest later.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

View attachment 81561
Not really. Eight points is nowhere near eleven points. Had we been a further 3 points behind last season, the last match would have been meaningless.

theroyal

May 11, 2014
In 2011/12, we (Reading) were 11 points off 1st placed West Ham after 27 games (we were 8th at the time), and we ended up winning the league.

We had to win 15 out of the last 19 games to catch them, so you'd be looking at a team hitting that sort of form from now on. Can't see it myself.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
In 2011/12, we (Reading) were 11 points off 1st placed West Ham after 27 games (we were 8th at the time), and we ended up winning the league.

We had to win 15 out of the last 19 games to catch them, so you'd be looking at a team hitting that sort of form from now on. Can't see it myself.

I can't see it either. This league is very competitive this season.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Not really. Eight points is nowhere near eleven points. Had we been a further 3 points behind last season, the last match would have been meaningless.

Last season we lost out on goal difference only. This season we have the greater goal difference. We also have a manager who is going to stay cool, calm and collected, unlike Karanka, who threw a strop causing Boro to lose game against the likes of Charlton.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here