Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk - The England call up

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
When will it come?

It should be now, he is already as good as anything else there is in that squad.

But the England snobbery dictates that no Championship player could ever be allowed in the England team, so when will it come?

I'm going for October 2017.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
When will it come?

It should be now, he is already as good as anything else there is in that squad.

But the England snobbery dictates that no Championship player could ever be allowed in the England team, so when will it come?

The first squad after his move to a 'bigger' club.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Don't want England spoiling him,hasn't he got any Irish or French relatives?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
When will it come?

bull1.jpg

(division 2 but still . . )

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
bull1.jpg

(division 2 but still . . )

He played for England in the May after finishing a fifty goal season in the third tier, never mind the second.

strangersam

Dec 20, 2015
come on man, i think he's one of the best in the league but it isn't 'snobbery' to exclude championship defenders - the england management team are obviously gonna want players who are being tested by the best players in the country week in, week out, not teams like rotherham and burton lol

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
come on man, i think he's one of the best in the league but it isn't 'snobbery' to exclude championship players - the england management team are obviously gonna want players who are being tested by the best players in the country week in, week out, not teams like rotherham and burton lol

Are you mad? If you can keep the likes of MATT DERBYSHIRE quiet, you're ready for anyone.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He's never been tested at the top level - there is a WORLD of difference defending against the likes of Chris Wood and Scott Hogan, and then stepping up to take on the best in the world with your Suarez's and Aguero's.

I'm not saying he can't. But lets not get ahead of ourselves, he's faced NOBODY yet.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Didn't Jay Bothroyd get a call up when he was playing for Cardiff in the Championship, during the one decent season of his career? And before that, another one-cap-wonder, and Championship flat-track-bully, David Nugent.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He's never been tested at the top level - there is a WORLD of difference defending against the likes of Chris Wood and Scott Hogan, and then stepping up to take on the best in the world with your Suarez's and Aguero's.

I'm not saying he can't. But lets not get ahead of ourselves, he's faced NOBODY yet.

Couldn't agree more. He's been brilliant in the last couple of years. But up against strikers who are nowhere near world class. If he played in the PL and excelled, I'd be all over it. But surely nobody can seriously expect an England call up until he's faced the likes of Diego Costa, Harry Kane and Frazier Campbell.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He never really got a look in when Southgate was in charge of the under 21's.
I'm not expecting a well deserved 'come to training' gesture, anytime soon.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
England squad is full of dick heads who will erode any togetherness he feels and probably try and get him to join their clubs.

I'll be glad for him of course and I think it will happen, but gutted at the same time.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But the England snobbery dictates that no Championship player could ever be allowed in the England team, so when will it come?.

Its not “snobbery” that keeps Championship players out of the England team. The fact of the matter is that all the very best players ply their trade at the highest level, against the very best players. Dunk may or may not be PL standard, the simple fact is we don’t know yet. So it’s a bit of a leap, to put it mildly, to take a Championship player and not only say that he’s good enough for the PL before he’s played a game there, but good enough on a WORLD STAGE.

We all thought Bridcutt was great, but he died on his arse the next level up. Look where he ended up.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We really don't help ourselves at times do we?

He's been booked ten times this season, had two red cards last season, against Championship level strikers.

He's been superb for us, but let's see how he does against Premier League players, hopefully next season, and then assess?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Couldn't agree more. He's been brilliant in the last couple of years. But up against strikers who are nowhere near world class. If he played in the PL and excelled, I'd be all over it. But surely nobody can seriously expect an England call up until he's faced the likes of Diego Costa, Harry Kane and Frazier Campbell.

Indeed.
I hope Dunky isn't having too many sleepless nights at the prospect of Connor Wickham running at him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here