Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"These are a good side"

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Chris Hughton says this in pretty much every post-match interview I hear, win lose or draw.

I like it. In a way, it sums him up. Always calm and respectful, never hyperbolic.

And the grammar is slightly odd, which makes it charming.

In fact, how about using it as the replacement for 'Were loose' on the NSC header?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Chris Hughton says this in pretty much every post-match interview I hear, win lose or draw.

I like it. In a way, it sums him up. Always calm and respectful, never hyperbolic.

In fact, how about using it as the replacement for 'Were loose' on the NSC header?

Also referenced on the 'CH Fist-pumping' thread.......typical statement tends to go like ....."it's important we win them type of games. We was was pressed hard in the first half, and did well to stop them good chances they created".

He can drop to HB&B levels of ineptitude and incompetence with the English language as far as I'm concerned as long as keeps doing what he's doing.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

As you say, its simply about respect. Some of 'these' frankly are not 'good sides' at all, but even those should be unfailingly respected -

a. Before a game - because it only takes one good moment from one player to make your job a lot harder than you'd hoped.

b. After a game - because, frankly, why would you chose to NOT be respectful?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London

A t shirt from SLR at the very least.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As you say, its simply about respect. Some of 'these' frankly are not 'good sides' at all
I agree with your points about not taking games for granted and also respecting people, but I think largely the rest of the Championship are reasonably good. It can be small margins between us last season and us the season before.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Also referenced on the 'CH Fist-pumping' thread.......typical statement tends to go like ....."it's important we win them type of games. We was was pressed hard in the first half, and did well to stop them good chances they created".

He can drop to HB&B levels of ineptitude and incompetence with the English language as far as I'm concerned as long as keeps doing what he's doing.

It's because he's Irish, so English isn't his first language ???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I actually agree with him, every team in the Championship is competitive on their day.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I'm starting to think he's not receiving my letters.

Trig's correspondence to PedantPals...

6218099-1.jpg

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Yes Hughton is a great man etc etc but when it comes to interviews he isn't in the same league as Gus.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here