Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Royal Rumble

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Always one of the highlights of the TV Sporting Calendar, the Royal Rumble spectacular is this coming Sunday night live on PPV.

Who does everyone think will come out on top, of course the draw has a massive influence on proceedings but I like the look of Dean Ambrose at 33/1 as a lively outsider and for the old romantics on here HHH is 40/1 to roll back the years and would be a hugely popular winner.

Odds here http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb/betting/e/10418383/WWE%2bRoyal%2bRumble%2b%252d%2bBattle%2bRoyal.html

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Must be Charles' time to wear the crown he has been craving for years, therefore he will be declared the winner on Sunday

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
You mean that mens ballet theatre stuff?

Is it really a sport? Surely betting on that is like betting on what's going to happen in Eastenders?

No offense if you like that kind of stuff, nothing wrong with Eastenders.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Nakamura is my outside bet! to set up a title defence with AJ at Mania. I dont think any of Goldberg, Lesnar or Taker will win it.

I love the Rumble, heading to a bar in London this year to watch it with some pals. Will be a good atmosphere with like minded fans.

Watched the 2001 rumble on the train to work today!

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Always one of the highlights of the TV Sporting Calendar, the Royal Rumble spectacular is this coming Sunday night live on PPV.

Who does everyone think will come out on top, of course the draw has a massive influence on proceedings but I like the look of Dean Ambrose at 33/1 as a lively outsider and for the old romantics on here HHH is 40/1 to roll back the years and would be a hugely popular winner.

Odds here http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb/betting/e/10418383/WWE%2bRoyal%2bRumble%2b%252d%2bBattle%2bRoyal.html

Triple H won last year. He won't do it this year. He may interfere though.

can you explain this to me?

of course the draw has a massive influence on proceedings

So they start with two people in, and then every 90 seconds a new participant enters. The later you are "drawn" (I mean the order's pre-determined but it's presented as a random draw) then the better your odds are of winning as you have to survive for less time.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

So they start with two people in, and then every 90 seconds a new participant enters. The later you are "drawn" (I mean the order's pre-determined but it's presented as a random draw) then the better your odds are of winning as you have to survive for less time.

What chance my fiver each way on Dean Ambrose?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

That's all well and good in theory... but as it's pretdetermined who is going to win it kind of makes it irrelevant.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton

Does it though? If the eventual winner is pre-determined regardless of when they enter then the likelihood of winning is the same?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
What chance my fiver each way on Dean Ambrose?

He's not a great shout to win in my opinion, but I can see him getting down to the final four. Lesnar to get most eliminations at 9/1 is a pretty good price, but if they put him close to Goldberg in the entry order he won't get many.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Does it though? If the eventual winner is pre-determined regardless of when they enter then the likelihood of winning is the same?

I should add that I know some chap that has managed to gain insider info and placed a few winning bets in the past. Some large sums were received before the bookies banned him (think only a few outlets take wagers)

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
That's all well and good in theory... but as it's pretdetermined who is going to win it kind of makes it irrelevant.

Yes, that's a fair point. If they let you do bet in play then it may matter because it can shift the odds, but they won't because WWE leaks like the Titanic at times.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Taker for me. Taker v Cena at mania for the title.

Doesn't need the title to be special, and I think they're going to set up Taker with someone from Raw. Jericho to set up Jericho/Owens is one of the most interesting ideas I've heard. Won't be Goldberg or Lesnar as they're setting up against each other. If Balor's fit to return he's my favourite.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm amazed there are bookies who actually take bets on fictional events. Are the stakes capped ? You'd only have to know one of the scriptwriters, then lump on, and you'd be quids in.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
I'm amazed there are bookies who actually take bets on fictional events. Are the stakes capped ? You'd only have to know one of the scriptwriters, then lump on, and you'd be quids in.

This has come up before with one of my friends in the betting industry. As there is such a limited number of people who actually know the outcome, the chances of someone knowing the information was very small. Also, the plans for WWE and other Wrestling shows change all of the time, so even if someone is ITK they may not actually be by the time the matches come to an end.

Oct 25, 2003
This has come up before with one of my friends in the betting industry. As there is such a limited number of people who actually know the outcome, the chances of someone knowing the information was very small. Also, the plans for WWE and other Wrestling shows change all of the time, so even if someone is ITK they may not actually be by the time the matches come to an end.

yep, it's only really Vince McMahon who REALLY knows what's going to happen and he's absolutely mad so is prone to some VERY late notice changes

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
yep, it's only really Vince McMahon who REALLY knows what's going to happen and he's absolutely mad so is prone to some VERY late notice changes

Yeah, he's known to change the outcomes of shows during the show simply because he changed his mind. The Royal Rumble is more likely to be locked down though, mostly because it sets up their biggest show of the year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here