Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

St Mirren teenager Kyle McAllister

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Great goal - goal celebrations were very muted though.

The defenders might as well not have been there so I guess he didn't want to rub it in. Wouldn't have blamed him if he had celebrated wildly though- he was 17 at the time of the goal.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
The defenders might as well not have been there so I guess he didn't want to rub it in. Wouldn't have blamed him if he had celebrated wildly though- he was 17 at the time of the goal.

I was thinking more of the reaction of his team mates rather than himself.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
of course they are, but that's all we've signed this window, apart from the Chelsea lad. We've taken two players on loan from Reading, can we not develop our own players ??

It does beg the question

We have developed our own youth players and we will continue to do so but that can never be the whole story. We've grown significantly from a club habitually in the lower leagues reliant on other teams' cast offs or chance findings to one with the financial muscle to help shape our own fortunes. This, coupled with the club's increased profile, has allowed the Albion to develop a multi-faceted approach to first team player production. We only ever used to take other teams loan players, now we loan out young players too to aid their development. Our recruitment team has become more effective so younger prospects are more readily identified. Our training facilities are second to none, no doubt encouraging youngsters to join although investment will only bear fruit over a number of years. None of this precludes the Albion from making a big name signing in this window but presumably only if the player and price are right. As we've seen with Derby & Villa, having 6 or 7 very expensive forwards guarantees nothing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here