Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We won because we're cheating FFP

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Got bored after reading about FFP and gave up.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
This is the problem with the BBC headline. Very few people bother to read the detail, as the headline suits their prejudices.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
He seems to forget that they are paying the likes of Ricky Lambert 25k a week. It's also rumoured that Bruno Manga (a centre half who can't even get in the side) similar money, and I doubt the likes of Whittingham and Pilkington are on small wages.

All this when their gate against us was rumoured to be about 10k home fans (it was announced as 16k and somebody I spoke to after the game admitted that the local police said the real figure was around 11k). As others say, I doubt he's any idea the details of our FFP accounts and the training ground expenditure etc.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I didn't read anything about Brighton 'cheating FFP' in that article. Just a couple of lines stating the truth that we ( actually, Sir Tony Bloom) are prepared to accept substantial losses in order to hold on to valuable players who 'may' help us into the Premier League.

His summary I thought was reasonable, and clearly believes that financial stability can be obtained by producing gems from the Academy system to eventually sell on to the mega rich football clubs.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Title of this thread is a bit OTT really

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Title of this thread is a bit OTT really

This. He just says we're "taking a gamble" - which is true. He doesn't say we've broken any rules yet.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
All this when their gate against us was rumoured to be about 10k home fans (it was announced as 16k and somebody I spoke to after the game admitted that the local police said the real figure was around 11k)..

Our attendance Was announced last night as something around 26500 :laugh:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Our attendance Was announced last night as something around 26500 :laugh:

Yes, I know. My point being that our crowds are far higher than theirs (as are ticket prices), and therefore we are consequently going to have a far higher income, and thus budget than theirs.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I thought it was one of the better blogs in terms of style and content.

I thought the honesty by stating he didn't even listen to the game was refreshing and his comments showed he had checked comments about the game and knew as we did now Cardiff would approach the game.

As to the haves and have nots to quote a current and 1984 buzz phrase they may be 'alternative facts'.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Let's be honest. FFP in the Championship is 13m a season (averaged over three seasons). There is no doubt our FFP loss this season will be a lot more than that if we don't sell anybody.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I thought that was an excellent blog - the assessment of last night's match was fair and the guy has some interesting things to say about Cardiff's plight which is a warning to us all, in particular his point about the Cardiff academy producing no one of any value in the last few years.

As Southampton have showed, it is crucial for those middling-sized cities that aspire to have a top half Prem side to keep generating talent from their Development squads.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here