Goldson 7 - looked much more assured tonight in what's not his natural position
Dunk 7 - calm and effective, didn't need to hit the heights he often does
Duffy 8 - very strong
Knockaert 7 - injected pace and urgency when we needed it
Stephens 7 - solid and in control
Kayal 6.5 - Still getting back to his best, but won't be long
Murphy 5 - Bit disappointing really
March 7 - flashes of real quality but struggled to impose himself at times
Hemed 7 - great goal and decent game but not always able to hold it up as we might have liked

Won't mark the subs as I don't think any of them had long enough to be judged really.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Stockdale 7

Goldson 6
Poc 7
Duffy 8
Dunk 7

March 6
Murphy 6
Knockaert 7
Kayal 6
Stephens 6

Hemed 8

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Stockdale - 7
Goldson - 7 (much improved, and actually surprised me with some creative play)
Duffy - 8
Dunk - 8
Pocognoli - 7
Murphy - 6
Stephens - 7
Kayal - 6
Knockaert - 7
March - 5
Hemed - 8 (MOTM)

Norwood - 6
Sidwell - 6
Skalak - N/A

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Stockdale 8 -- several good saves
Goldson 6.5 -- better going forward, backed off too much in defence
Duffy 7 -- likes leaping; one amazing block towards the end
Dunk 7 -- a man-marked centre back: a first.
Pocognoli 6 -- annoyed me for continually heading their throw-ins out, playing into their game plan
Knockaert 6.5 -- great flair at times, but stopped tracking back towards the end, when Warhorse's strategy shifted to feeding the ball out to Hoilett
Stephens 8 MotM -- imposed himself on the game
Kayal 6 -- used his body well, but didn't quite achieve enough driving forward
Murphy 5 -- didn't do enough
March 6 -- some good interplay, one rasping shot reminding us how much power he can generate. Would have preferred him on the left, when he got there he did set up a cracking chance for ...
Hemed 8 -- ... who flunked that one, but made up for it when his touch was made to look sublime by 'oil tanker' Bamba, and his finish was awesome but their keeper smeared his gloves with butter

Subs:
Norwood 7.5 -- good substitution, where his superior passing made the difference. He's one heck of a lot better than most on NSC have given him credit for

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ref 2 -- Opposite of Mike Dean. Didn't want to be centre of attention, infact he clearly looked like he did not want to be out there tonight at all. Not concerned about fake injuries. Not concerned about time wasting. Not concerned about booking anyone except Knocky (someone had to tell him some home truths). Made a series of dodgy decisions, mostly in favour of Cardiff.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Stockdale 8 - Some great saves again
Goldson 7 - Better than Friday, looked ok in a position unfamiliar to him
Duffy 8 - Launched himself at everything and won them all. He is no Dunk coming forward but he did ok filling in for his man-marked partner.
Dunk 7 - Rarely called upon but calm and assured when he was. Very little time on the ball due to the above.
Pocognoli 7 - Solid again.
Murphy 6 - Made some nice runs but no end product and seems reluctant to shoot.
Stephens 9(MotM) - Brought the ball down from the head tennis many times and got us back playing on the ground. Best midfielder on the pitch.
Kayal 6 - Easing himself back.
Knockaert 7 - Doubled up on him. Some nice runs, crucially chased back to help Goldson a couple of times.
March 6 - Love him but ineffective in this role. Dangerous whenever he went down the left which is where he should be playing.
Hemed 9 - One of his best performances, lead the line on his own with some great turns. Looked dangerous all game and thankfully his goal made up for the glaring miss a few mins earlier.

Norwood 7 - Typical performance, great passing range and set up the goal.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Stockdale 8 - kept us in it
Goldson 7 - good going forward, but backed off far too much defensively
Duffy 6 - lost some vital headers at corners, and his inability on the ball was targeted by Cardiff. Slowed the play down far too much.
Dunk 8 - Marshalled the defence well
Poc 7 - decent game, but not as effective going forward as one would hope
Knocky 7 - injected pace, but little end product
Stephens 8 - one of the stand outs. Dictated the game
Kayal 7 - decent return
Murphy 6 - too many blind alleys
March 7 - looked like the player most likely to create, although did run down too many blind alleys himself
Hemed 7 - being generously marked up because of his goal. He had a stinker however, and his missed chances were so close to costing us. The quicker we get Murray back, the better.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Stockdale 8 - Two or three good saves in the first half
Goldson 7 - Better than Friday, backed off too much in defence, but was slightly better going forward - hope Bruno is back soon
Duffy 8 - Collossus
Dunk 7 - Solid performance and no cards in two games! maybe the inevitable 3 match game isn't so inevitable after all
Pocognoli 7 - Really like the look of him, a couple of great tackles to deny attacks in the second half.
Murphy 7 - Had a solid performance
Stephens 8 - In a horribly niggly game, he exudes class, made space for himself effortlessly
Kayal 7 - Great to have him back. - One crunching tackle to deny a break away had me worried he was going to be out for another long period. Thankfully not
Knockaert 7 - Kept them occupied all game - always dangerous
March 6 - I wanted to see him in that role - I don't anymore - when he drifted out to the left he was so much better - experiment cancelled
Hemed 9 - MOM - not just the goal, which was a beauty, but constant effort and dedication to the cause. He had little support from March, but tirelessly led the line

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Who was the official man of the match? I took my kids last night and left on 85 mins

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
stephens officially, thought it should have been Hemed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought Stephens did boss the midfield, I actually thought Duffy would get it. That block he made the 2nd half was going in we were sitting in the South stand near the goal

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Stockdale 7
Goldson 6
Pocgomoli 6
Duffy 8
Dunk 7
Knockaert 6
Stephens 7
Kayal 6
Murphy 5
March 5
Hemed 7

Norwood 7
Sidwell 6
Skalak n/a

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
With four wingers on the pitch at the same time (needs must) Cardiff putting ten behind the ball at all times having three huge defenders with only Tomer up front we did remarkably well but we did struggle every time March or AK got the ball two or three Cardif players were onto them,the answer was the middle of the park we were unlikely to win these battle and when crosses were made Tomer was up against three huge defenders.
Inspired substations bringing on Sidwell and Norwood changed the game ball on the floor to Tomers feet through the middle we score a fantastic goal

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Stockdale 7 two very good saves kicking was a bit way wood
Goldson 6 not a left back but done well
Pocgomoli 6 Cardiff's winger kept Pog on his toes
Duffy 8 beast
Dunk 8 class
Knockaert 7.5 we've got Knockaert
Stephens 7 lots to do in midfield while having to readjust to his partners style
Kayal 6 welcome back couple of games and he will be back and fully up to speed
Murphy 6.5 difficult to get going for any winger against a set up such as Cardiff were employing
March 6.5 see above
Hemed 8.5 led the line scored the goal MOM

Norwood 7 not on long but set the goal up and gave a little crispness to the midfield
Sidwell 6 changed shape of team when he came on pulling Cardiff players into the middle finally allowing our wingers some space
Skalak not on long enough to rate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here