Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

By the time we play our next league game...

larus

Reading will have played twice.
Leeds will have played twice.
Newcastle and Massive once.

How much pressure on them all (apart from Newcastle) to win these games? If they don't win, then the task of catching us (assuming they still think they can) will be even bigger.

We can sit back an relax now until next Thu.

Great times to be a Brighton fan eh!

Last edited:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

How much pressure on them all (apart from Newcastle) to win these games? If they don't win, then the task of catching us (assuming they still think they can) will be even bigger.

We can sit back an relax now until next Wed.

Why Wednesday?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

We can sit back an relax now until next Wed.

I refer you to Peter Cook's comment, as England went 3-2 up in the world cup final in 1966, to a supporter sitting nearby who had proclaimed 'nothing can go wrong now' when we went 2-1 up. I have looked for the quote but can't find it. See Harry Thompson's biography. Look it up. You'll enjoy the quote.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Surely if all the teams around us win their next two and we don't play, it puts massive pressure on us to win to keep the pressure on them to catch up, or am I misguided.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Surely if all the teams around us win their next two and we don't play, it puts massive pressure on us to win to keep the pressure on them to catch up, or am I misguided.

No, you're just a longstanding Brighton & Hove Albion fan.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
So basically, Newcastle are going back to the top of the league and we will have to sit back, relax and watch it happen whilst realising how great it is being a Brighton fan?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

I think 4 points would be good enough for them to keep the pressure on us. We've then got two tough away games.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I always prefer playing first. If you **** it up at least you can take it at face value and expect the other teams to make ground, then bugger off and do something else. And hey, sometimes when you check the results they've ****ed it up too and it's not so bad.

With other teams playing first i'm much more aware of the scores. Should they win, all i'm thinking about is our next game and how we need to win it and should they lose/draw, all i'm thinking about is our next game and how we need to capitalise. And i'm nervous as shit at the game.

Basically I think about BHA alot.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I look at it slightly differently......

By the time we play our next League game

And we will STILL be at worst second in the league whatever happens.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I look at it slightly differently......

By the time we play our next League game

And we will STILL be at worst second in the league and FIVE POINTS CLEAR of 3rd whatever happens.

FTFY.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here