Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Comedy writer Rich 'suspended' over Barron Trump jibe

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
She tweeted.... "Barron will be this country's first home-school shooter". Firstly what on earth does it mean? What's with the 'home-school" Whats with the "Shooter". I really would love to understand why this reporter has been suspended

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He isn't home schooled, he goes to a private school.

Do you really think a 10 year old boy should be targeted by a journalist on Twitter, because of his father?

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
He isn't home schooled, he goes to a private school.

Do you really think a 10 year old boy should be targeted by a journalist on Twitter, because of his father?
Please don't get me wrong... I really am not making a judgement... I just don't understand what the statement actually means.. literally

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Please don't get me wrong... I really am not making a judgement... I just don't understand what the statement actually means.. literally

It means he's likely to be a loner who could go out and shoot people. A bit special.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
It means he's likely to be a loner who could go out and shoot people. A bit special.

I thought it meant he would be the loner that would take out his own family as they would kind of be his class mates (if he was actually home schooled)

Pretty poor taste to tweet that about a kid, and not remotely funny to me. Guess it all depends on context blah blah but either way it is a no from me

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
It's not big and it's not clever.

But we've all told a poor taste joke at some point. This has been publicly done and the writer will rightly take the hit.

Interestingly I read that Chelsea Clinton has offered to support the lad as his life transitions over next few months

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Topical, as some Sussex-based village idiot has been called out publicly by Katie Price this morning for mocking her (disabled) son on Twitter. Unfortunately, his Twitter profile- now all over her social media channels, declares proudly that he's an Albion fan from GOSBTS (well, it did, before he received thousands of messages from Price fans, and decided he'd better lock it, pronto).

Having a go at grown adults is one thing- although I very much doubt he'd ever have the balls to say the same to her face- but personally, I don't think it's fair game to mock children, or other people who might be vulnerable for whatever reason.

Stupid, stupid boy (and yes, fella, if you're reading this now, I'd happily say it to your face).

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Been a lot speculation alongside Trump's rise that his youngest son may well be on the autistic spectrum, for what it's worth. Which- if true- might make the family transition to life in the White House very difficult for him.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
There is an interesting piece here. There is only one person on Twitter who has blocked me (a journalist called Alison Pearson) who made some highly inappropriate comments after the Brussels airport bombing to which I asked a question and she then made a disparaging comment about my kids who are on my Twitter profile pic, before blocking me.

That's entirely up to her of course and I'm not going to cry about it. Just wonder what her view of trump family insults is today?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Speculation from low lifes like Rosie O'Donnell.

I'd not seen that, tbh, It's been said in plenty of places I guess. Obviously the Trump family won't comment & quite rightly, as it's nobody else's business.

Was merely commenting that (1) his son isn't fair game IMHO simply because a few million people don't like his Dad & (2) if there is a suspicion that he might have some condition like an ASD, then it would be even meaner to target him.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I'd not seen that, tbh, It's been said in plenty of places I guess. Obviously the Trump family won't comment & quite rightly, as it's nobody else's business.

Was merely commenting that (1) his son isn't fair game IMHO simply because a few million people don't like his Dad & (2) if there is a suspicion that he might have some condition like an ASD, then it would be even meaner to target him.

To be honest the likes of O'Donnell are worse than the lady Rich. They are coming from an attack minded mode.

Rich is a comedy writer. I laughed at what she wrote because I understand she's not actually believing what she's saying.

If political correctness and over sensitivity is allowed to kill off comedy then we might as well all take a long walk into the sea.

Give Rich a break I reckon, good jokes, bad jokes, they are all subjective.

It's not big and it's not clever.

But we've all told a poor taste joke at some point. This has been publicly done and the writer will rightly take the hit.

Interestingly I read that Chelsea Clinton has offered to support the lad as his life transitions over next few months

Lol and here's the priorities of the Clintons

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here