Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To win the Championship

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
Bet365 now offering odds without Newcastle United and Brighton & Hove Albion .... (gulp)

Bet365.png

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Despite their set back against Barnsley, I think Leeds look like a good bet there.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Norwich could be worth a punt

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Third place would be enough to win the championship? !

There seems to be some confusion. The bet is 'To win the Championship without Newcastle and Brighton'. So the team doesn't necessarily have to win the league for the bet to win. They just have to be the highest placed team out of the 22 other teams in the league. In theory, third place could be enough, assuming the both us and Newcastle stay in the automatic promotion places.

On that basis, my original comment that Leeds look like a good bet at 11/4 is because I think they have a good chance of finishing third and the odds seem quite good considering their form, barring their slip up against Barnsley.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
There seems to be some confusion. The bet is 'To win the Championship without Newcastle and Brighton'. So the team doesn't necessarily have to win the league for the bet to win. They just have to be the highest placed team out of the 22 other teams in the league. In theory, third place could be enough, assuming the both us and Newcastle stay in the automatic promotion places.

On that basis, my original comment that Leeds look like a good bet at 11/4 is because I think they have a good chance of finishing third and the odds seem quite good considering their form, barring their slip up against Barnsley.

Ah OK ... so third or higher

I fancy Wendy ... they have an (arguably) more straightforward run in and think they might still get a 'marquee' signing in.

Leeds on the other hand are a one trick pony ... Wood gets injured, suspended or loses form and they are going to struggle

Either way it looks tight and I expect those two to be top of that list

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Other odds offered currently are Leeds to finish in top 2 16/1, Sheff Wed 25/1, Huddersfield 25/1, Derby 33/1, Fulham 40/1, Reading 40/1 (Bet 365)

For reference Newcastle are 1/20, we are 1/10

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Preston were my dark horses at the start of the season and I may have a small punt at 100-1. If they put a run together, they could sneak in

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Ah OK ... so third or higher

I fancy Wendy ... they have an (arguably) more straightforward run in and think they might still get a 'marquee' signing in.

Leeds on the other hand are a one trick pony ... Wood gets injured, suspended or loses form and they are going to struggle

Either way it looks tight and I expect those two to be top of that list
It's not third or higher either :) If Leeds finished first and Wendy second, it wouldn't pay on Wendy.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The thread title has failed.

The odds are to finish 'best of the rest' ( be that in or out of the top 2 ).

No entirely, the bet is "To win the championship outright without Newcastle and Brighton" so if Newcastle and Brighton were removed from the championship which team will win it.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Some people are either stupid or totally thick. Please close this thread before another 200 albion fans make total dicks of themselves.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here