Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray is the dirtiest player in the Championship

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good.

I'm counting down the days till I can bounce the 'you need 7' thread.

I'm just disappointed we don't have all 21 places.

mattislost

Dec 12, 2011
I wonder how many fouls there would be if you removed the automatic free kick for daring to jump within 5 yards of the opposition goalkeeper....

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Murray is a significantly more difficult player to play against now than when he played for us first time around and I think a lot of that is because of his experience in the PL and all the dark arts that he's learnt there. This stat is a testament to that, I believe. The fouls against and even the red card 1 match ban are all small prices to pay for what he brings to the team and I'm sure that Hughton is not bothered by this stat in the slightest.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yep..

looking for any edge all the time.
Getting up the oppositions noses.
Just 3 yellow cards.

He's doing a great job

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Constantly in the refs ear as well. Absolutely tore into Stephens at one point on Friday

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Fantastic. I thought for the Gus years we always lacked a bit of spite in the side to "play the game" a bit more. Seeing players like Barton do a number on us year after year while our slight naivety in those situations usually ends up with us on the losing side. In Murray, Stephens, Kayal, Knockaert (sometimes), Skalak and Duffy, we've got some cracking gits in the team.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
May be statistically true, but most of the fouls on / by Murray are a matter of interpretation by different refs. With some he gets the decision most times when jumping against centre halves, with others he gets bob-all and is more often penalised for the same incident that some refs give him a free-kick for.
We've all seen it - one game a free-kick for climbing the next a free-kick for backing in. Aerial duels are the most open to subjective analysis by the ref of all challenges. This data is no surprise.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What a shit website

To be fair, this report makes a pleasant change from them reporting on the imminent arrival of a KILLER FREEZE, unprecedented levels of immigrants, or a ludicrous new conspiracy theory on Diana's death.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here