Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do any other Double Saves stick in your memory like Stockdale's inevitably will?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
My favourite Double Save of all time has to be Jim Montgomery in the 1973 FA Cup Final between Leeds and Sunderland which Sunderland won 1-0.
What they both have in common was that they were both vital match defining saves.
No matter how good those saves were, if they had proved ultimately futile and we or Sunderland in the case of Montgomery had gone on to lose, then those saves wouldn't have been anywhere near as memorable as they are and will be.
Equally, if the Stockdale save was made and we had been already ahead of Wednesday by 2 or 3 goals it wouldn't have been so vital.
What makes the save so special and memorable are all the other ingredients that go with it, firstly the fact that he saved us from going behind, secondly the fact that we went on to win the game, and thirdly win it by just that one vital goal, which is what made that save so important.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynjg6hVknRM

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Bizarrely, this one. Well not that bizarre considering what an incredible finish to a game it was. But, I wasn't that impressed with a Mr Anthony Knockaert that day it has to be said. How times change.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Kuipers at Molineaux and Kuszczak at Cardiff, which was from shots by Bellamy. PIG was my MoM for that game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here