Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Duffy's Celebrations

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Having just watched NSC's tribute to David Stockdale:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP9tCyoJ4uE

aside from being grateful for the number of saves that DS has made this year, I wondered whether anyone else is taking the same pleasure from Shane Duffy's joyous lunkhead celebrations? When DS makes the penalty save against Wednesday he merely joins in the defence's barging, but for the Fulham one he just runs into him like Scooby Doo jumping on Shaggy. When Dunk scored the winner in the same game he piled on like he was twelve and someone had just shouted 'Bundle!' He'll probably end up injuring a teammate before the season is over, but, until this happens, I'm really enjoying it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's great, isn't it? I love Duffy's unbridled joy at being part of this team. When you consider all the shit he endured towards the end of his spell at Blackburn, can anybody blame him for making hay while the sun shines?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I hope he does this against Brentford.

https://youtu.be/skFoydr6j1g?t=87

About 1:33 for those who don't wish to sit through a minute & a half of Grant Hanley tackling like a complete donkey or Brentford missing chances :thumbsup:

ACE celebration from Shane though. Presumably he got booked for it, but we'd love him forever if he did that for us :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
In his post-Massive interview, Stockdale made reference to "getting the usual whiplash from the defenders", or similar, after his penalty double save.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
About 1:33 for those who don't wish to sit through a minute & a half of Grant Hanley tackling like a complete donkey or Brentford missing chances :thumbsup:

ACE celebration from Shane though. Presumably he got booked for it, but we'd love him forever if he did that for us :)

Shame. I was right at the front of N1D on Friday night and had the team celebrating on front of me after the winner had gone in. I was primed and ready to dispense man hugs but no such luck.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
He does indeed.

So I was surprised to hear him say, in the Sky "Dunk and Duffy Show" thing, that Dunk takes conceding worse than he does.

After conceding late in injury time in the away game v massive they looked really, really pissed off.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
After conceding late in injury time in the away game v massive they looked really, really pissed off.

Would of been the perfect away performance with a clean sheet, and of course, I'm sure there may well be a clean sheet bonus or two that went down the swanny!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Would of been the perfect away performance with a clean sheet, and of course, I'm sure there may well be a clean sheet bonus or two that went down the swanny!
They weren't annoyed because of the bonus, they were annoyed because of pride in their work.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
They weren't annoyed because of the bonus, they were annoyed because of pride in their work.

Agree 100%. The clean sheet part of my post was very much tongue in cheek. :thumbsup:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Duffy is fast becoming one of my favourite players, love to see his passion and he isn't scared of anything. As Ashford and Simpson famously sung:

Shane Duffy's SOLID, solid as a rock

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Duffy is fast becoming one of my favourite players, love to see his passion and he isn't scared of anything. As Ashford and Simpson famously sung:

Shane Duffy's SOLID, solid as a rock
Sometimes I wish our squad was like the squads of at least 35 of my 40 seasons of watching the Albion.

I love (unashamedly using the L word) Shane so much.
But I love Stocko, Knockaert, Dunk, Kayal, Bruno, Solly and unlike some I have a serious soft spot for Tomer.
That's before we get onto the players who'd have been stand out Player of the Season in any one of those 35 years.

It's all too much, for one season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But back to the point in hand, Shane Duffy.

Anyone who doesn't love a no nonsense 100% committed centre half, has no soul.

Someone here a while ago suggested you could throw a Fiat 500 into the penalty box and Shane would head it clear.

Bless Glenn, but Shane wouldn't have been sent off v Wednesday.
The ball would have hit SD right between the eyes, and he'd have stood there motionless staring down the fella who thwacked it.
Safe in the knowledge that bloke wouldn't leave his own half for the rest of the game.

Last edited:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Could well be a serious player of the season contender come May..... mind you so could about 6 of them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here