Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Stockdale - Through The Fire (Video)

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
And yet a few months ago:

One of our very best players last season but so far has looked like the Stockdale under Hyppia. His distribution alone is nowhere near the level of last season. I thought he was certainly at fault (although not solely) for the first goal. Got his angles wrong as he came out and made it far too easy for the striker. The second one I'm less sure about - yes it was near post but was a hell of a strike.

He also seems to be carrying quite a bit more weight than last season (as he was in first season). Really think it may be time to give Maenpaa a run - he did nothing wrong and, as others have said, must feel pretty disappointed to lose his place...

My heart sank first time I saw Stockdale. After PIG he was . . . disappointing. Great at saving shots that are right at him . . . . but no 15 points' worth of miracle saves a season from him. After all this time, its time for change

I am sorry to say with Stockdale as first choice keeper we will never get promoted , makes too many mistakes , time for a change I think

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I have had this guys back from Day 1. Incredible keeper at this level. I'm hoping one of his missile guided drop kicks pulls off between him and Baldock this season.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
That double save against Wigan hasn't got nearly enough credit (perhaps because it was away from home with a lot fewer to see it live). The first stop was good but the second was incredible. On a par with his saves from Forestieri.

He's saved 100% of the penalties he's faced this season (alright, it's only been two so far, but still :) ).

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
And yet a few months ago:

One of our very best players last season but so far has looked like the Stockdale under Hyppia. His distribution alone is nowhere near the level of last season. I thought he was certainly at fault (although not solely) for the first goal. Got his angles wrong as he came out and made it far too easy for the striker. The second one I'm less sure about - yes it was near post but was a hell of a strike.

He also seems to be carrying quite a bit more weight than last season (as he was in first season). Really think it may be time to give Maenpaa a run - he did nothing wrong and, as others have said, must feel pretty disappointed to lose his place...

My heart sank first time I saw Stockdale. After PIG he was . . . disappointing. Great at saving shots that are right at him . . . . but no 15 points' worth of miracle saves a season from him. After all this time, its time for change

I am sorry to say with Stockdale as first choice keeper we will never get promoted , makes too many mistakes , time for a change I think

But this was the clueless minority. He had a decent start to the season, with some wanting to blame him for every goal we conceded, but in the last two or three months he has been ridiculously good. He has won us so many points this season and last (and in the second half of his first season too, which goes unnoticed). My favourite Albion goalkeeper.

D Block blue

Feb 23, 2009
West Sussex la la la
For somebody who only has just over 200 posts on here [MENTION=22888]ChazzyBHA[/MENTION], all have been quality posts, I really look forward to your videos and never tire from watching them. DS is growing more and more confident as games go on and is very much doing his bit for the team, also watching that video I noticed how much Dunky is nearly always first to react to help out incase the ball needs help away from goal. We are blessed with some quality players. :albion2:

ChazzyBHA

Dec 27, 2011
For somebody who only has just over 200 posts on here [MENTION=22888]ChazzyBHA[/MENTION], all have been quality posts, I really look forward to your videos and never tire from watching them. DS is growing more and more confident as games go on and is very much doing his bit for the team, also watching that video I noticed how much Dunky is nearly always first to react to help out incase the ball needs help away from goal. We are blessed with some quality players. :albion2:

Glad you enjoy them! Much appreciated :albion2:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here