Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Uddersfield show their STRIPES

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I am quite happy to take advantage of the retro prices, might even wear an old shirt myself

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Good for them trying to fill the ground for a big match. The John Smiths is rarely full even for derby games so with what will be a modestly sized away crowd why not generate some extra interest. I'm not going to knock a team for that....(except for Palace of course).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Great idea this promotion, and a bit more imaginative than our £10 for a mate tickets for Burton.

And brilliant for all those albion fans buying tickets but not going just so they can get the loyalty points :facepalm:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Pretty sure we're doing 2 mates for a tenner each promotional offer v Burton so why not try and fill the ground anyway you can

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Didn't they do really cheap season tickets this season?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's only £10 to buy a ticket for the away end too.

No excuse for failing to fill it now.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
What exactly does "tin-pot" even mean when used to describe a football club?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Every club has a finite number of fans. Not sure that deserves mockery. Would we laugh at Burton Albion for the same, say?

I agree that it's a tad surprising that they're offering discounted tickets for a game against fellow promotion contenders as opposed to a game against a side with nothing to play for, but equally, perhaps it's more about making sure the ground is full and they create (their idea of) an intimidating atmosphere for the occasion.

I presume this applies to away fans, and thus I'm perfectly happy to take them up on their kind offer.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What exactly does "tin-pot" even mean when used to describe a football club?

It means I have no idea about the history of a club that was the first to win the top division 3 times in a row, an fa cup winner and played in many more finals.

Heaven forbid we ever offer deals like bring a mate for a tenner...that must be really" tin pot".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here