Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Objective but passionate

Connor Hourihane, Barnsley

3 Not allowed!
    No, not a transfer rumour (though he is a very handy player).

Surprised this didn't get a mention on the Barnsley - Leeds match thread, but did nobody stay watching and hear his on-pitch interview at the end?

In all of my 30+ years watching football, his were the single most DISRESPECTFUL comments I've ever heard from a player, to his employers. No attempt to bat away the questions at all "Yes Villa are a great club" "Impossible not to have your head turned, if a manager like Steve Bruce wants you" - all whilst stood there on the Barnsley pitch, in his Barnsley kit, the cheers of the Barnsley fans still ringing in his ears.

What an absolute prick.
    Stand or Fall

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Prick yes but speaking the truth.. Duffy didn't cover himself in glory either.
      "Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself"

Leo Tolstoy

0 Not allowed!
      Seems all they're doing this season is stacking up a squad full of disloyal mercenaries, how can Bruce build a team with players like that ?

2 Not allowed!
      He walked all the way around the pitch after the game, applauding the Barnsley fans. You could tell he was saying goodbye. At least he played, scored and helped them win, rather than cowering away behind the dugouts, in case he got injured before his move.
      The Sky pundit asked him a straight question and he gave a straight answer.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      The true measure of any society can be found in how it treats its most vulnerable members. Mahatma Gandhi
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      2 more IN for Villa very soon.

Palace may have trouble bouncing back next year if Villa get their act together.
      Out of contract June 2020 : Balogun, Kayal, Schelotto
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post

Surprised this didn't get a mention on the Barnsley - Leeds match thread, but did nobody stay watching and hear his on-pitch interview at the end?

In all of my 30+ years watching football, his were the single most DISRESPECTFUL comments I've ever heard from a player, to his employers. No attempt to bat away the questions at all "Yes Villa are a great club" "Impossible not to have your head turned, if a manager like Steve Bruce wants you" - all whilst stood there on the Barnsley pitch, in his Barnsley kit, the cheers of the Barnsley fans still ringing in his ears.

What an absolute prick.
      Like others have said, don't see the problem.

See Stephens transfer request, Duffy last spell at Blackburn etc.

Would you rather players lied?
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010

0 Not allowed!
      Although actually I'd say that his present manager has proved himself highly capable on a smaller budget that Bruce has ever had to cope with. And he's got a proper local name.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      More respectful than Dale was in the Summer. He at least managed to get himself on the pitch and perform
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post

What an absolute prick.
      I wouldn't go as far as calling him what you did in your final sentence, but yes, he showed a complete lack of disrepect to his employers in saying what he did, when he did.

What he should of said of course, was, Villa WERE a great club , not are!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
      Prick yes but speaking the truth.. Duffy didn't cover himself in glory either.
      I'll not be the only one to enjoy some good old fashioned 'terrace' hypocrisy.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.
      "The Venerable Bede is full of shit".