Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our run in

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't want to be another to say "We're already up", or any other nonsense like that, but it really feels like the footballing powers are smiling down on us this season.

On getting the fixture list pre-season, I remember seeing Norwich and Aston Villa comprising our final 2 away games, and thinking "here we go again". Even though I suspected Villa might struggle, both teams have unquestionably underperformed.

We have a tricky patch (or two) coming up, but if we can get to and still maintain a lead, this is our final 8 games (just after Derby & Leeds);

v Blackburn - HOME
v Birmingham - HOME
v QPR - AWAY
v Wolves - AWAY
v Wigan - HOME
v Norwich - AWAY
v Bristol City - HOME
v Aston Villa - AWAY

Now I am NOT counting any chickens, but it could be worse, couldn't it? No top 6 rivals whatsoever, barring a mad run from someone...

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'll be disappointed if we get relegated.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Leeds' looks quite tough too, on paper at least. Huddersfield not so much.

Hudders perhaps, but they have to navigate their next 9 which look horrid ... Home games v BHA, Leeds, Reading, Newcastle, Villa. Away at QPR, Rotherham, Barnsley and Wolves

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Spot on, [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION]. I am expecting a late charge from Norwich, and they'll need the points when they play us, but apart from that, I am in full agreement. [MENTION=205]Tom Hark, Preston Park[/MENTION], I think it's fair that we look ahead at fixtures, as long as the squad aren't ever distracted from the immediate task in hand.

To put that run-in into context, we need one of the resident NSC stattos on here to tell us how many points we'd need from those fixtures. I reckon that is a nailed on 13 points, probably more. :thumbsup:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
To put that run-in into context, we need one of the resident NSC stattos on here to tell us how many points we'd need from those fixtures. I reckon that is a nailed on 13 points, probably more. :thumbsup:

I've got it as 14. (with Leeds getting 16 and Hudders getting 17)

Might be missing the point but we won't know how many we need until we get there, No ???

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
A late charge by Norwich will mean them beating a lot of teams in and around the play off positions in April so fingesr crossed for that.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Another cause for optimism is that in the second half of matches we've played Fulham Preston and Wednesday. Teams that most will find tricky and lose points against

Everyone else has played easier teams.

For example, Newcastle have played Forest, Blackburn, Brentford and Rotherham.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Not wanting to tempt fate last season, I tip-toed around everything I said and posted. I didn't dare believe.

But I've realised, it doesn't matter one bit whether we, the fans say "we're taking one game at a time", it doesn't matter how much you deserve it, how shrewd you've been in the transfer market, how dignified your fans are or what colour underpants you wear. The feeling of losing is the same whether you've been screaming it from the beginning of the season. It changes nothing.

So bollocks to it. Look at that league table. LOOK at it. This season, we ARE clearly one of the two best teams in the league. We've proved we can carve out a result against any the best of them. We ARE fantastic and the league table at the end of January shows that.

Let's stop pussyfooting around this whole "I won't believe it til it's here" nonsense.

We're going up. And we're going up COMFORTABLY.

.....Ban?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Not wanting to tempt fate last season, I tip-toed around everything I said and posted. I didn't dare believe.

But I've realised, it doesn't matter one bit whether we, the fans say "we're taking one game at a time", it doesn't matter how much you deserve it, how shrewd you've been in the transfer market, how dignified your fans are or what colour underpants you wear. The feeling of losing is the same whether you've been screaming it from the beginning of the season. It changes nothing.

So bollocks to it. Look at that league table. LOOK at it. This season, we ARE clearly one of the two best teams in the league. We've proved we can carve out a result against any the best of them. We ARE fantastic and the league table at the end of January shows that.

Let's stop pussyfooting around this whole "I won't believe it til it's here" nonsense.

.....Ban?

Me and my pals have been saying the same recently. Clearly top two material this year and we're only going to get stronger with Kayal, Rosenior coming back and March already back and nearing peak fitness.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The only club outside the play offs to sneak in will be Derby. Villa,Fulham,Norwich will miss out. Hudders and Reading have been very consistant. No idea who Derby will replace though.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

.....Ban?

How very dare you!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

.....Ban?

Ban? You are using logic, gleaned from many years following football. Its as clear as day we are going up automatically. All the naysayers and worriers have on their side is 'not tempting fate', 'not wanting to jinx it' :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here