Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World Bowls

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The always excellent Rishi Persad presenting live from Potters Resort, Norfolk the biggest week in Bowls. Looks like another full house and standard of bowls excellent as ever.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Bowls is a terrific game. Grossly underrated, probably because of its reputation as being played by old people where this is the only sport they can manage. If you haven't tried it, give it a go and you'll see how difficult it is and how good some of these "oldies" are. You need to manage the bias of the woods to get them to curl and then there's the distance. There's a lot to get right. With the indoor bowls rinks, they run so fast, the degree of skill need increases as the woods travel slower to cover the distance up the rink. There's tactics involved in way of putting blocks in, putting woods behind the jack anticipating the jack being moved, and the best one, the "fire" where you put so much speed on the wood, it neutralizes the bias.
Give it a watch. You never know, you may get right in to it.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
I play indoor bowls to a decent standard, been playing for about 10 years absolutely love it. Many youngsters taking it up at our club and throughout Lincolnshire. Really is a great game to get involved in, anyone who fancies ago should wonder down to their local club and have ago. My tip for the title tjis year is playing now, NickyBrett.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I love playing bowls, a very satisfying, tactical and addictive sport. A few years ago I stayed at an all-inclusive resort in Tunisia that had a massive (artificial) bowling green that was free to use for the guests. Almost every afternoon me and my lad would round up a few blokes from the sun loungers, and we'd head off over to the green for a few games. The staff would keep us topped up with cold BEERAGE, which was fairly essential as it was STINKING hot out there.

Slowly getting drunk playing bowls is a remarkably lovely way to spend an afternoon.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I took my mother there yesterday for her annual week at the World's. Her computer screenshot is a photo of her, Rishi ("my friend Rishi") and Jess Ennis with her London 2012 medal. One of the happiest days of her life.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Defending champion Nick Brett in BIG trouble in the Round of 16.

Currently involved in a tense tiebreak to save his skin and scrape through to the QF's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here