Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The award for the coolest dude on the pitch friday night

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Had to be the ballboy 90+2 minutes Wendies desperately trying to get the ball back , he picks it up in slow motion then in ultra slow motion drops it 6 inches away from himself and 6 yards away from the intended thrower , the Wendies commentator commented blimey even the ballboys are well trained down here :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Had to be the ballboy 90+2 minutes Wendies desperately trying to get the ball back , he picks it up in slow motion then in ultra slow motion drops it 6 inches away from himself and 6 yards away from the intended thrower , the Wendies commentator commented blimey even the ballboys are well trained down here :lolol:

That was quality. Good lad.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I love it when a young man (lass) use their initiative.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Got a nice cheer or two from the NS/WS, good lad. Cool as a cucumber, I think CH must have trained him personally.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think there were a couple of unhelpful ballboy moments last week - not something I recall seeing at the Amex before, it was most enjoyable. Just the coolness of it was a delight.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle

We're all in it together here, from the tea-lady to the Chairman. GOSBTS !

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
While I applaud the ballboy for his actions, I have questions regarding the thread title here.

Does such an award actually exist? Who is on the judging panel which decides who recieves it? How often is it handed out? The people need to know these crucial facts, otherwise it sounds like you're just making stuff up.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
While I applaud the ballboy for his actions, I have questions regarding the thread title here.

Does such an award actually exist? Who is on the judging panel which decides who recieves it? How often is it handed out? The people need to know these crucial facts, otherwise it sounds like you're just making stuff up.
But more importantly, what was the ballboy doing ON the pitch?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm sorry but, nobody, but nobody is as cool as the gaffer. The ballboy did well, but Hughton is coolness personified.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
- bit of a tangent, but does anyone remember Jimmy Hill on Match of the Day in the 70's? blaming a ball-boy for returning the ball to the opposition too quickly allowing them to score. Poor kid was devastated, and I think JH had to apologize to him the following week.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
- bit of a tangent, but does anyone remember Jimmy Hill on Match of the Day in the 70's? blaming a ball-boy for returning the ball to the opposition too quickly allowing them to score. Poor kid was devastated, and I think JH had to apologize to him the following week.

Didn't something similar happen at Withdean when Hinshelwood cleared it and the ball boy gave it back to the opposition VERY quickly and they scored..

I think I remember people giving the poor lad abuse rather than completely ignoring the fact all our players had switched off.

kentgully

Jan 10, 2016
Worthing

I remember the ball boy team leader if thats the right word...... head the ball into the crowd at the Goldstone v Man City

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

I've got a weird memory. I believe it was a Blackburn Rovers ball-boy in an FA cup match against Liverpool? Liverpool scored and the ball-boy got the blame from pundits for giving them the ball back so quickly. It was virtually the last action of the match. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
The strange thing is that I can't remember what I did yesterday, but I seem to be able to recall trivia and nonsense from up to fifty five years ago! True!!

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
If we have to RESORT to such unsporting tactics then we can't COMPLAIN if teams do the same to us

I actually kind of agree with that. It's a bit of a slippery slope. What next? Do we get the ground-staff to dim the floodlights when there's a shot heading towards their keeper?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here