Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No panic signing of a striker

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
It doesn't look as if we'll be getting another striker in to play against Cardiff, even if the appeal against Murray's red card is dismissed and Baldock is still out. I really hope we're not going to gamble on our current strike-force getting us to the promised land. Further injuries and suspensions are almost certain to hit us before the end of the season, which are likely to cost us dearly. Would the club be short-sighted enough to take such a risk given the riches on offer from the Premier League? I can't see it but I can't pretend that the absence of any action in the transfer window is not beginning to worry me. At the risk of stating the obvious, we will never have a better season to get promotion than this.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...nic_signing_to_solve_Albion_striker_shortage/

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
It doesn't look as if we'll be getting someone in to play against Cardiff, even if the appeal against Murray's red card is dismissed. I really hope we're not going to gamble on our current strike-force getting us to the promised land. Injuries and suspensions are almost certain to hit us before the end of the season, which are likely to cost us dearly. Would the club be short-sighted enough to take such a risk given the riches on offer from the Premier League? I can't see it but I can't pretend that the absence of any action in the transfer window is not beginning to worry me. At the risk of stating the obvious, we will never have a better season to get promotion than this.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
It doesn't look as if we'll be getting another striker in to play against Cardiff, even if the appeal against Murray's red card is dismissed and Baldock is still out. I really hope we're not going to gamble on our current strike-force getting us to the promised land. Further injuries and suspensions are almost certain to hit us before the end of the season, which are likely to cost us dearly. Would the club be short-sighted enough to take such a risk given the riches on offer from the Premier League? I can't see it but I can't pretend that the absence of any action in the transfer window is not beginning to worry me. At the risk of stating the obvious, we will never have a better season to get promotion than this.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...nic_signing_to_solve_Albion_striker_shortage/

Bed wetting alert! Read the second paragraph. The article is about not panicking to get someone in before tomorrow. That is sensible. The Lizard plays his cards carefully, that why he's worth £1bn or whatever, and you and I aren't.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Am thinking the same. We need a new striker for the final push. Im not sure one is coming though. Also , it's a bit disappointing that for all the hype about the development squad , no young strikers are knocking on the first team door.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bed wetting alert! Read the second paragraph. The article is about not panicking to get someone in before tomorrow. That is sensible. The Lizard plays his cards carefully, that why he's worth £1bn or whatever, and you and I aren't.

But there's no denying the fact Chris is having a diva-esque hissy fit meltdown about the situation:-

look at his face

2F6807E600000578-3366574-image-m-25_1450482462503.jpg

just look at his face.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Murray's red must surely be rescinded as his face would have blocked the path to goal anyway, which I thought was now relevant to the decision.

Penalty yes, red card no.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

This, with bells on. IMHO the striker shortage issue should have been sorted out before the window had even opened. This situation should never have happened and it's not hindsight either. Been saying it since the summer. Not good enough by the club.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Licker alert ⚠

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Please stop this. Been here before with your ITK shit

Who do you think you are........?

Look guys... Panicking is what our Yorkshire opponents are doing right now....trying to sign Rhodes.... We have our targets and I am very confident we will get one in! If I am wrong then so be it!

D

Deleted member 2719

Murray's red must surely be rescinded as his face would have blocked the path to goal anyway, which I thought was now relevant to the decision.

Penalty yes, red card no.

I don't see it like that, he brought his hands up in a unnatural way hitting the ball. Forget protecting your face as he would have ducked if that was the case.

I believe we are living in dream world, surely they can't rescind that card???

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Over the past few seasons, bringing in a big named striker in January has rarely paid off for the top teams. If often seems to have a disruptive effect (e.g. Boro signing Jordan Rhodes last season, Derby the season before signing, well, practically every striker in sight).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Over the past few seasons, bringing in a big named striker in January has rarely paid off for the top teams. If often seems to have a disruptive effect (e.g. Boro signing Jordan Rhodes last season, Derby the season before signing, well, practically every striker in sight).
But the club won't be bringing in a big named striker.

They'll be bringing in the right striker.
The positional striker they attempted in the Summer, and the in previous 2 or 3 windows.

As this was hampered by an 'overheated' market, I think we can all but guarantee the one thing this player won't be is a 'big named striker' which is code for 'big money'.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Every ****ing January. I'd like to say I'm surprised, but I'm not in the slightest

Agreed. WE NEVER get in the players we need in January.

Apart form Leo Ulloa when we were short of a striker under Gus.

And Beram Kayal, two days after Hughton arrived and saw we were weak in midfield.

Oh, and Anthony Knockaert and Jiri Skalak last January when it looked like a lack of goals was a problem.

Literally, NEVER.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Agreed. WE NEVER get in the players we need in January.

Apart form Leo Ulloa when we were short of a striker under Gus.

And Beram Kayal, two days after Hughton arrived and saw we were weak in midfield.

Oh, and Anthony Knockaert and Jiri Skalak last January when it looked like a lack of goals was a problem.

Literally, NEVER.
And Dale Stephens to replace Bridcutt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here