Page 1 of 21 123411 ... LastLast

No panic signing of a striker

0 Not allowed!
    It doesn't look as if we'll be getting another striker in to play against Cardiff, even if the appeal against Murray's red card is dismissed and Baldock is still out. I really hope we're not going to gamble on our current strike-force getting us to the promised land. Further injuries and suspensions are almost certain to hit us before the end of the season, which are likely to cost us dearly. Would the club be short-sighted enough to take such a risk given the riches on offer from the Premier League? I can't see it but I can't pretend that the absence of any action in the transfer window is not beginning to worry me. At the risk of stating the obvious, we will never have a better season to get promotion than this.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albi...iker_shortage/
    "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt". - Abraham Lincoln

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Everything in Moderation Prince Monolulu's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It doesn't look as if we'll be getting someone in to play against Cardiff, even if the appeal against Murray's red card is dismissed. I really hope we're not going to gamble on our current strike-force getting us to the promised land. Injuries and suspensions are almost certain to hit us before the end of the season, which are likely to cost us dearly. Would the club be short-sighted enough to take such a risk given the riches on offer from the Premier League? I can't see it but I can't pretend that the absence of any action in the transfer window is not beginning to worry me. At the risk of stating the obvious, we will never have a better season to get promotion than this.
      I gotta Horse!
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      It doesn't look as if we'll be getting another striker in to play against Cardiff, even if the appeal against Murray's red card is dismissed and Baldock is still out. I really hope we're not going to gamble on our current strike-force getting us to the promised land. Further injuries and suspensions are almost certain to hit us before the end of the season, which are likely to cost us dearly. Would the club be short-sighted enough to take such a risk given the riches on offer from the Premier League? I can't see it but I can't pretend that the absence of any action in the transfer window is not beginning to worry me. At the risk of stating the obvious, we will never have a better season to get promotion than this.

Bed wetting alert! Read the second paragraph. The article is about not panicking to get someone in before tomorrow. That is sensible. The Lizard plays his cards carefully, that why he's worth £1bn or whatever, and you and I aren't.
      Not actually Dale Jasper Dale Jasper's Avatar

0 Not allowed!

Am thinking the same. We need a new striker for the final push. Im not sure one is coming though. Also , it's a bit disappointing that for all the hype about the development squad , no young strikers are knocking on the first team door.
      “With all due respect to Brighton, who the **** are Brighton?” Troopz, Arsenal Fan TV

11 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by warmleyseagull View Post
      Bed wetting alert! Read the second paragraph. The article is about not panicking to get someone in before tomorrow. That is sensible. The Lizard plays his cards carefully, that why he's worth £1bn or whatever, and you and I aren't.
      But there's no denying the fact Chris is having a diva-esque hissy fit meltdown about the situation:-

look at his face

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2F6807E600000578-3366574-image-m-25_1450482462503.jpg 
Views:	1918 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	81415

just look at his face.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

1 Not allowed!
      Hemed and Towell up front on Tuesday night?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Dont Panic guys!! Incoming............Soon!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bhanutz View Post
      Dont Panic guys!! Incoming............Soon!
      Fantastic news if true. This just has to be our season folks.
      "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt". - Abraham Lincoln

1 Not allowed!
      Every ****ing January. I'd like to say I'm surprised, but I'm not in the slightest

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Murray's red must surely be rescinded as his face would have blocked the path to goal anyway, which I thought was now relevant to the decision.

Penalty yes, red card no.
      Out of contract June 2020 : Bong, Balogun, Kayal, Murray, Schelotto, Ahannach