Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ryan Mason

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Apologies if fixtures, but just read that the Hull City midfielder is now fighting for his life due to a fractured skull and bleeding in his brain after clashing heads with Gary Cahill.

Now I did watch the Chelski-Hull game, and watched as he was stretchered off, but I did not realize his injury was that severe! Speedy recovery to the lad

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Which reminds me how's the Wednesday player that was stretchered off while 'there's fook all wrong with you' was still ringing in his ears?

I hope he doesn't have almost a year out like Solly did after he was stretchered off v Derby.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Which reminds me how's the Wednesday player that was stretchered off while 'there's fook all wrong with you' was still ringing in his ears?

I hope he doesn't have almost a year out like Solly did after he was stretchered off v Derby.

Didn't hear that. He was applauded of by the overwhelming majority of fans where I was.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Didn't hear that. He was applauded of by the overwhelming majority of fans where I was.
Blimey either you've got selective hearing on the acoustics from the North stand really don't work.

He was applauded off the pitch but vilified for pretty much all of the time from the foul to the stretcher being lifted.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
IMG_9800.PNG

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Really hope he is ok, such freak accidents can have horrendous outcomes but he is in the best hands.

I remember the challenge on Jimmy McNulty that left him with a burst kidney being pretty inocuous, so quite agree.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Blimey! That's horrendous.

Hope and pray he'll be ok.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Just a tad dramatic. There's **** all wrong with you was sang when he first went down. When people realised actually there is something fairly serious wrong with him the whole stadium sportingly applauded him off. Well done to our fans for the sportsmanship. No negative, only positive to take from that incident.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Listening to it on the radio, it was clear straight away they were worried, and they took several attempts to lift him on to a stretcher. At that point I was kind of surprised they didn't get an ambulance on to the pitch. Wish him all the best for a full recovery

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Blimey either you've got selective hearing on the acoustics from the North stand really don't work.

He was applauded off the pitch but vilified for pretty much all of the time from the foul to the stretcher being lifted.

Didnt hear it middle of WSU. The sound does not travel well.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Just a tad dramatic. There's **** all wrong with you was sang when he first went down. When people realised actually there is something fairly serious wrong with him the whole stadium sportingly applauded him off. Well done to our fans for the sportsmanship. No negative, only positive to take from that incident.

This, from N1G

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Slightly OT but why do we still have 4 men come on with a stretcher and walk off carrying the player. Why do we not have electric vehicles like golf buggys with a flat back to take an injured player off. Most grounds have an entrance to the ground like we do in the NE corner. Could the time saved be vital in getting them to an ambulance and hospital?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here