Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What are Worthing to Brighton trains like on an RMT strike day?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Specifically tomorrow - are there still some?

Just a matter of turning up, waiting and one will be along soon enough?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Pretty much OK, busy and maybe not on time, but give yourself a half hour window to board and you should be fine. Getting home after 6 or 7 maybe more problematic.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
A lot of the services down that way are DOO now anyway so potential to be absolutely fine, and by fine I mean usual levels of farce.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Apparently all are well to get to and from Worthing for the Cardiff game.

Unlikely. Trains did not run after five past six from Shoreham for the last two games and it was a taxi job in.

Consensus in the taxi was to get the bus to Brighton and the train as the trains won't be running at all West Coastway west to east. Lots of trains the other way, standing room only.

Hundreds stranded at Shoreham versus Wednesday when I got a taxi..

PS: It did not look like there were any trains running from Brighton to Falmer after seven?

The Internet information given by Southern Rail is dud and a complete waste of time. They say the train is coming and it doesn't arrive which makes it worse than not knowing.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Unlikely. Trains did not run after five past six from Shoreham for the last two games and it was a taxi job in.

Consensus in the taxi was to get the bus to Brighton and the train as the trains won't be running at all West Coastway west to east. Lots of trains the other way, standing room only.

Hundreds stranded at Shoreham versus Wednesday when I got a taxi..

PS: It did not look like there were any trains running from Brighton to Falmer after seven?

The Internet information given by Southern Rail is dud and a complete waste of time. They say the train is coming and it doesn't arrive which makes it worse than not knowing.

I think you've got your wires crossed here. There is a conductor strike today, but there is no strike tomorrow for the game.

Also Fridays disruption before the game was to do with a broken level crossing so not sure you can really blame Southern for the disruption before the game. The problem was known from about 3pm so fans should have had plenty of notice

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thanks - I meant today and not tomorrow.

Caught a train easily enough and have a whole table all to myself.

Damn you RMT - when is this madness going to end?

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Today is an RMT day but timetable is same as last week which is a normal 'overtime ban' timetable but everything back to 'normal' tomorrow.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Today is an RMT day but timetable is same as last week which is a normal 'overtime ban' timetable but everything back to 'normal' tomorrow.

Certainly were back to normal. Disrupted trains to Brighton. This is an improvement to no trains after six and before after seven. .

They did not run properly half the time even before industrial inaction. A train left Shoreham at five past six for the last two home games and that was the last one. Southern Rail advertised this train as being delayed on both occasions as I missed it both times as it ran on time. In short you cannot trust their information.

Buses are are not a very good alternative as fans will have to leave well before six.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here