Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away kits

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
just watched. Football highlights on Channel 5. Can't believe that Wolves were allowed to wear their change strip of lime green whilst Norwich were in their usual yellow strip . Who decides what kit should be worn .Surely Wolves light blue strip would have been better

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
just watched. Football highlights on Channel 5. Can't believe that Wolves were allowed to wear their change strip of lime green whilst Norwich were in their usual yellow strip . Who decides what kit should be worn .Surely Wolves light blue strip would have been better

Just watched on catch up and thought exactly the same thing!

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
The same as Barnsley. Vs Leeds . Why can Leeds not wear all white. Against Barnsley's red?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hate all this away kit malarkey. Maybe the rule should be that away kits are only worn if the referee rules that there might be a clash which could cause confusion.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
'Away' kit is a complete and utter nonsense.

It should be a 'change' kit that is only used if there is a clash between the two strips. I hate teams (including and especially Brighton), using an alternative strip when there is no clash if both sides play in their traditional colours.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
And Rotherham at Newcastle. Wear Red. Stupid marketing idiots.

The one that winds me up the most is that regardless of all this merciless away kit plugging going on everywhere, still whenever Man City play Chelsea they both wear blue, as if they're being really clever that light and dark blue are different. Yes, we know they're different but it's still blue. This is the one time, most appropriate time, to wear your away kit...not at Arsenal next week.

The same as Barnsley. Vs Leeds . Why can Leeds not wear all white. Against Barnsley's red?

Exactly.

'Away' kit is a complete and utter nonsense.

It should be a 'change' kit that is only used if there is a clash between the two strips. I hate teams (including and especially Brighton), using an alternative strip when there is no clash if both sides play in their traditional colours.

And the third kit can be the "Cash Kit".

I quite like kits but I hate this whole tacky ploy to make it seem you need multiple options. The only time we'd need our 'cash kit' this year would be if we played Inter, Brugge or anyone else who wears blue and black (perhaps we won't need one for a few seasons).

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I'm amazed people get so annoyed about it.

But while we're here (ha), three Albion kits without white/light shorts isn't wise is it?

Had mongrel kits at Fulam and Preston.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
A few years ago I was watching highlights of Newcastle vs Sunderland and I had to tell the teams apart by their socks. I'm quite colour-blind, and both teams had black shorts, and the shirts were indistinguishable to me, both wearing their home strips. I thought there was a rule that shirts, socks and shorts all had to be different from the opposition, but that wasn't the case in this game.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Isn't it up to the ref on the dayto decide if the a clash in colours warrants a change? Hence the Albion wearing Leicesters away kit at a game at the Walkers Stadium (2006/7?), he decided that neither our pale blue or navy and yellow kit were suitable. The club instigated 4th white kits for away games at Dagenham and Shrewsbury, as we had done for a match up the road the season before. We even wore the white kit away at Orient in one of the seasons as the home kit was still at the cleaners.

When Worthing played Dagenham and Redbridge in the FA trophy recently, neither their home kit, all red, or away kit, all blue, was acceptable, so they introduced a one-off white kit for the game. Maybe teams that wear red and blue home kits should be required to wear their away kits On such occasions.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Have had repeated headaches since Friday night thanks to Shefield Utds socks and shorts disaster.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Isn't it up to the ref on the dayto decide if the a clash in colours warrants a change? Hence the Albion wearing Leicesters away kit at a game at the Walkers Stadium (2006/7?), he decided that neither our pale blue or navy and yellow kit were suitable. The club instigated 4th white kits for away games at Dagenham and Shrewsbury, as we had done for a match up the road the season before. We even wore the white kit away at Orient in one of the seasons as the home kit was still at the cleaners.

When Worthing played Dagenham and Redbridge in the FA trophy recently, neither their home kit, all red, or away kit, all blue, was acceptable, so they introduced a one-off white kit for the game. Maybe teams that wear red and blue home kits should be required to wear their away kits On such occasions.

The season we wore the 4th white kit at Palace, was the home kit light blue stripes ( Argentina style ) ?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Don't know why they need to wear it. Red and white stripes and black shorts wouldn't easily be mistaken for WBA kits!

For those of you watching in black and white-Sunderland are in stripes.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Isn't it up to the ref on the dayto decide if the a clash in colours warrants a change?

Wish it was! Clubs often announce beforehand which kit they're going to be wearing, presumably in the hope that all their fans will dash out and buy the pink (or whatever) shirt and wear it to the match.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The season we wore the 4th white kit at Palace, was the home kit light blue stripes ( Argentina style ) ?

Yes it was,with white shorts and socks,the only thing that changed was the shirt-

Albino Albion,Albion in the white at Palace....

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yes it was,with white shorts and socks,the only thing that changed was the shirt-

Albino Albion,Albion in the white at Palace....

Thanks.
I did wonder who had the bright idea that season to have a second and third kit both containing blue.

Going back to the white 4th kit at Palace, I remember seeing a photo of Palace v Coventry, could have been the following season, but Coventry had a similar sky blue and white striped kit and no change kit was required against Palace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here