Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton NHS trust on highest state of alert for weeks

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS is at the highest level of alert - known as Opel 4

NHS England's Operational Pressures Escalation Levels (Opel) Framework aims to bring consistency nationally in times of pressure.

It means the trust:

is unable to deliver comprehensive care
patient safety could be compromised
external intervention is needed

The trust runs two acute hospitals, the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton and the Princess Royal Hospital
in Haywards Heath. It treats more than three quarters of a million patients each year.

One patient, Barry Salvage, said he had to sleep on a trolley in A&E all night and it made him feel "terrible".

When he asked a nurse for bed, he was told they did not have any."

Breaking point reached

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS is at the highest level of alert - known as Opel 4

Does that mean they have to change the light bulb?

synavm

May 2, 2013
Luckily, thanks to Brexit, we're going to have the Hammond Tax Haven here soon and that will be sure to protect public services like the NHS... right?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
3, yes you read it right, 3 Devon hospitals are to close, announced on Friday, all the others in Devon & Cornwall are on the highest state of alert.
Yet that old bag May said its only a small amount in a few places, stupid bitch.
They are running it into the ground just like they have always wanted to.

D

Deleted member 22389

I have said before if the government cannot physically put more money in and we all care for the NHS then we should all be prepared to pay a bit more to use it. I am so fed up with the NHS being used as a political football. There should be no politics involved in our health service whatsoever. Pay more and everyone will be happy, end of story. I have said on other threads I am happy to put in a fiver or even a tenner a month, I value the service and I am realistic. In the last 20 years we probably have another 4-5 million people using the service.

Last edited by a moderator:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Comes down to a catalogue reasons including mismanagement.Way to many agency staff and consultants who charge a fortune etc...Needs a massive overhaul and needs permanent staff throughout.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I have said before if the government cannot physically put more money in and we all care for the NHS then we should all be prepared to pay a bit more to use it. I am so fed up with the NHS being used as a political football. There should be no politics involved in our health service whatsoever. Pay more and everyone will be happy, end of story. I have said on other threads I am happy to put in a fiver or even a tenner a month, I value the service and I am realistic. In the last 20 years we probably have another 4-5 million people using the service.

To make a useful difference probably needs to be more like a tenner a week from everyone.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Good old conservatives

Major started them but Labour increased them. PFIs.

The UK owes more than £222bn to banks and businesses as a result of Private Finance Initiatives (PFIs) – “buy now, pay later” agreements between the government and private companies on major projects. The startling figure – described by experts as a “financial disaster” – has been calculated as part of an Independent on Sunday analysis of Treasury data on more than 720 PFIs. The analysis has been verified by the National Audit Office (NAO).

http://www.independent.co.uk/money/...als-leave-britain-222bn-in-debt-10170214.html

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Have you let the Tories know your plan! I think if only you could get a sit down meeting with them they'd change their ways. Who are the 4-5 (give or take a million!) million you speak of?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Have you let the Tories know your plan! I think if only you could get a sit down meeting with them they'd change their ways. Who are the 4-5 (give or take a million!) million you speak of?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...candal-of-his-and-hers-trolley-corridors.html
It was so much better when New Labour was in charge wasn't it? Oh..wait a minute. Please note the date. It's when Blair was PM.
The NHS has been mismanaged by Government's for decades. Labour as well as Tory. It always seems so much easier to run when you are in opposition.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Makes me so proud that we're funding India's space programme.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Appreciate the sentiments but the amount of aid we give India in 2015 was less than half a day of current funding for the NHS! Since then aid to India has been considerably reduced. Blaming foreign aid for the state of the NHS is therefore nonsensical.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here