Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CH - One Theory

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Might be guessing here, but I think I understand how CH is operating. IF we don't make it up, I think that most of us would shrug and say 'fair enough' if CH moved on, he's given his all. I think Chris knows this too. This season with us is "IT" for Chris. He's made his mind up and will not accept anything else than promotion for BHA. In making this clear in his mind he is already in PL mode. As far as he is concerned we ARE a PL side, in waiting, but still. This is what the players are feeling too. Despite a few blips, and the odd bad day for individual players, BHA is performing to level of a PL side. The way we play and the professional attitude of our team says it all.
Keep hearing about the 'mental strength' of our team and I think it is because they too feel like the PL team we all want to be. It's subtle and a bit etherial, part of this 'under the radar' thing, but look where we are. Last night was a MASSIVE game for both teams and once again we came back from a bad situation to win the match. It's not luck, or rub of the green etc, its a mental approach that CH has installed in the team. IMHO.
:albion2:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
IF........we don't go up this season, we will lose a fair chunk of our team, and will need to rebuild again. The person I'd want to do this would be Chris Hughton, so I for one would be most pi$$ed off if he goes.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Quote: Last night was a MASSIVE game for both teams and once again we came back from a bad situation to win the match.

Like what you did there :bowdown:

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Chris Hughton is a top manager. The best thing to happen to Brighton & Hove Albion since the opening of the AMEX Stadium and regardless of what happens come the end of the season, he will be the manager of Brighton for quite some time to come.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I don't think he's thinking that way at all. As far as he and the players are concerned we are rock bottom of the league and desperately need every 3 points on offer.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Chris Hughton is a top manager. The best thing to happen to Brighton & Hove Albion since the opening of the AMEX Stadium and regardless of what happens come the end of the season, he will be the manager of Brighton for quite some time to come.

I sincerely hope so.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
The signs are there...

Sent from Heaven - Check
Angel wings - Check
Halo - Check
The new Messiah - Check

images-1.jpg

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I don't think he's thinking that way at all. As far as he and the players are concerned we are rock bottom of the league and desperately need every 3 points on offer.

Yeah, but we're not.

I'm sticking with the 'I think therefore I am' theory.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I think that it is a WAY TOO previous statement. There is still a long way to go and nobody has come top, second, or anywhere else yet.

Loads of time to mess this up yet.

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
we aren't there yet. We have the players. we have the manager. But we cannot get complacent.

Come on lads!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Might be guessing here, but I think I understand how CH is operating. IF we don't make it up, I think that most of us would shrug and say 'fair enough' if CH moved on, he's given his all. I think Chris knows this too. This season with us is "IT" for Chris. He's made his mind up and will not accept anything else than promotion for BHA. In making this clear in his mind he is already in PL mode. As far as he is concerned we ARE a PL side, in waiting, but still. This is what the players are feeling too. Despite a few blips, and the odd bad day for individual players, BHA is performing to level of a PL side. The way we play and the professional attitude of our team says it all.
Keep hearing about the 'mental strength' of our team and I think it is because they too feel like the PL team we all want to be. It's subtle and a bit etherial, part of this 'under the radar' thing, but look where we are. Last night was a MASSIVE game for both teams and once again we came back from a bad situation to win the match. It's not luck, or rub of the green etc, its a mental approach that CH has installed in the team. IMHO.

Christ what a total bolloxs thread - you make BG look intelligent :moo:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
His stock is riding quite high at the moment and if we don't get over the line his 'loyalty' to us may be tested by a Premier League club. He's an honourable man, but like players, if a big pay day is beckoning he may choose to put No.1 first.

Let's hope we make it!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
regardless of what happens come the end of the season, he will be the manager of Brighton for quite some time to come.
That's optimistic. If we don't go up there's a fair chance he'll be offered a PL position at some point, and if he is, there's a fair chance he'll take it.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
IF........we don't go up this season, we will lose a fair chunk of our team, and will need to rebuild again. The person I'd want to do this would be Chris Hughton, so I for one would be most pi$$ed off if he goes.

If we do not go up its a rebuild for the team

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
we aren't there yet. We have the players. we have the manager. But we cannot get complacent.

Come on lads!

CH and the lads will definitely not be getting complacent - I guarantee it. :thumbsup:

The desire and hunger is evident for all to see!

And as a side note (which i'm sure will of been pointed out somewhere on this forum) - A win on Tuesday will create an eleven, that's ELEVEN point cushion....:sick:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

You're drunk.

Go to bed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here