Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tickets for Cardiff and Burton

Have not counted tickets available for either but both worthy of mention due to the fact that current availability is different to the norm.

For Cardiff you buy a seat anywhere in the ground, even behind the south stand goal. Clearly this has happened due it it being a near home sellout before the postponement and those available are returns from those who can't go.

Burton is different from the norm too in that this will almost certainly sell out, maybe well before the game,despite there being a low number of visiting fans. One reason will be a rare Saturday 3pm kick off, but this is a 'bring 2 mates for a tenner' match for STH's.

As such, already S1E is fully on sale to home fans with S1F already nearly sold out. There are already very limited number in all other stands apart from ESU.

Am sure the club have more blocks available. Maybe S1A and S1B or S1D, but depends on how many Burton will bring.

I predict that Burton will set another new record for the highest number of home fans at the Amex.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
We should be selling out all our games from now on.
We need to do our bit increase the atmosphere and the ticket exchange should kick for every game from now on we have a huge area to draw fans from plus all the fans around the UK who have left our beautiful county.
Also are away fans should increase for the run in if tickets are available it's now or never attitude.

We should be selling out all our games from now on.
We need to do our bit increase the atmosphere and the ticket exchange should kick for every game from now on we have a huge area to draw fans from plus all the fans around the UK who have left our beautiful county.
Also are away fans should increase for the run in if tickets are available it's now or never attitude.

We have always struggled to sell out in the evening, for the most obvious of reasons. Southern have made it worse. The Palace and Wednesday play off semis were not sold out. The only evening game at the Amex i recall that was was
Liverpool in the cup.

If we give Newcastle the maximum circa 3000 allocation, then we may have another evening sell out

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I for one have missed last 5 home games a lot in part because they're evening games switched for TV. Just a nightmare to get to. Starting to understand why Premier fans watch their clubs on TV only. Won't be long before kids ask 'Daddy, why are we playing at 3pm on Saturday?'

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
We have always struggled to sell out in the evening, for the most obvious of reasons. Southern have made it worse. The Palace and Wednesday play off semis were not sold out. The only evening game at the Amex i recall that was was
Liverpool in the cup.

If we give Newcastle the maximum circa 3000 allocation, then we may have another evening sell out
i understand the problems fans have and school days etc but we my get other fans who consider themselves Brighton fans but ay have got out the habit or circumstances have changed or even a new fans or convert the thousand of Man united Liverpool Arsenal Chelsea who have never seen them play appart from TV or even those that came out the woodwork for the Albion 2 FA cup finals.:whistle:

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I for one have missed last 5 home games a lot in part because they're evening games switched for TV. Just a nightmare to get to. Starting to understand why Premier fans watch their clubs on TV only. Won't be long before kids ask 'Daddy, why are we playing at 3pm on Saturday?'

I agree this is a big problem but I don't know the answer but I think the fans who live a long distance should get some priority in ticket exchange and transport parking etc we are caring club after all.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Liverpool in the cup.

Depends what you mean by evening, wasn't our game against Villa a sell out?

That was a Friday rather than midweek though.

Yeah it was. Should have made the point that I wasn't considering non school nights. So Friday evening and a Saturday late afternoon didn't count as evening in my thinking!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I agree this is a big problem but I don't know the answer but I think the fans who live a long distance should get some priority in ticket exchange and transport parking etc we are caring club after all.

In the Premier, when TV money is so great, any game moved because of TV ought to allow STH option of sell back perhaps.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

These aren't bums on seat sell outs. None of em are. As a STH living some distance you just have to take on chin will miss most evening games. Southern made it far far worse. Missed games because I know the p&r will be full before I can get to outer Brighton. Watching the Albion requires you to have A LOT of spare time these days what with all the rescheduling and transport issues. It's ironic that TV is forcing more and more fans to watch it on TV even when plenty of seats and you'd like to go! There is absolutely nothing can do about. The better you get on the field, the worse it becomes off it. Football is such a perverse sport!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Out of interest, are fans allowed to sell their tickets directly to other fans? I spotted someone on Twitter openly advertising 1901 tickets yesterday - plus for other matches. I understood that you can't resell season ticket seats and it's against the law to sell sorts tickets for above face value. We're going to see a lot more of this (as this season goes on and if we can continue to sell out next season (ahem) - would be interested to know if this is acceptable now.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Out of interest, are fans allowed to sell their tickets directly to other fans? I spotted someone on Twitter openly advertising 1901 tickets yesterday - plus for other matches. I understood that you can't resell season ticket seats and it's against the law to sell sorts tickets for above face value. We're going to see a lot more of this (as this season goes on and if we can continue to sell out next season (ahem) - would be interested to know if this is acceptable now.
1901 is a club membership which comes with permission from bhafc to resell on a match by match basis.

STs and match tickets however do not come with that permission and it is against the law to resell them.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
i think you have a good point as they don't give enough notice for fans wanting to book train travel.

It's not just transport issues though. It's that in combination with a lot of the time for sure but also weekday nights can have work or other commitments more than say Saturday. Dare I say that Saturday pm for football is almost forgiven as a time away from family as it's traditional and expected. But there's no pattern in modern football anymore and 'could be anytime' fixturing doesn't exactly lend itself to peace and harmony let's say! You have to commit to a ST or you can't get in / watch with friends. Or both. Alternative is not go and follow a club like Chelsea who you know will be on the TV 1 in every 2 matches at least. I'm kind of getting where Premier fans who've stopped going are coming from the closer we get. And of course that's before all the other issues such as being utterly fleeced for a crap atmosphere, players that don't care and all the other ills of top flight football today. I think I'm going to be one of those who will 'enjoy' 1 or 2 seasons for the experience. Bit like fine dining, I enjoy on occasion but soon tire of and will always return to good old scampi and chips (crinkled of course) down the local with a nice pint, log fire and snoring dogs lying in front of it! That's home from home for me, not sharing my Albion story with Japanese tourists that now profess undying love to Brighton & Hove United...:facepalm:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
1901 is a club membership which comes with permission from bhafc to resell on a match by match basis.

STs and match tickets however do not come with that permission and it is against the law to resell them.

In which case..."I broke the law and the LAW LOST!"

Currently over 1500 tickets available online for the visit of Cardiff tomorrow. Most I've ever seen this close to a game, but not expecting the crowd to be any lower than a typical evening game when the visitor numbers are low. Only reason so many are available is all blocks are on sale.

Burton is selling well fast and I'm predicting this will be sold out a week before the game. This game benefits from a £10 offer and blocks E and F are already selling well in the south stand.

All of E1H in the ESL is also already fully on sale to home fans.

Does anyone have an idea of The Brewers allocation or what their travelling numbers are like? Currently, allowing for some segregation there are about 2000 seats in S1A to S1D they could snap up, but am hoping we can secure at least one extra block here for home fans. Pretty convinced this one will be our highest come attendance in a generation, maybe 2!

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
These aren't bums on seat sell outs. None of em are. As a STH living some distance you just have to take on chin will miss most evening games. Southern made it far far worse. Missed games because I know the p&r will be full before I can get to outer Brighton. Watching the Albion requires you to have A LOT of spare time these days what with all the rescheduling and transport issues. It's ironic that TV is forcing more and more fans to watch it on TV even when plenty of seats and you'd like to go! There is absolutely nothing can do about. The better you get on the field, the worse it becomes off it. Football is such a perverse sport!

I live about 80 miles away and have been lucky enough to finds ways to make it work. I've not missed a game at all these last two seasons, and only one or two a season since about 2005. I appreciate I am lucky that my work is fairly flexible. It has involved a LOT of half-day holidays used up though.

the good news for us all if we DO go up, is that we really won't be such a big draw for the TV execs, when up against the big clubs. Norwich last season played almost every single home game at 3pm on a Saturday.

So 1500 is deemed extremely limited!

http://mobile.seagulls.co.uk//news/article/2016-17/brighton-hove-albion-cardiff-city-3534849.aspx

Better hurry folks if you are still making up your mind!

In all honesty, such gibberish might actually put some people off. For example if you had a busy day scheduled at work tomorrow and could not make a decision until the early evening, you may now be put off from jumping on the train and heading straight to the Amex as those 'very limited' tickets may have sold out!

We are currently lucky enough to be enjoying plenty of games that are sell outs or do have very limited availability this isn't one of them so why are the club saying this?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
WTF is a bums on bloody seats sell out?
If tickets are sold it's a sellout like most other clubs......so if we have 8 no bums on seats it's not a sell out?

PMSL

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here