Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Gaffers off to Huddersfield

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
Interviewed after the game last night CH in response to the question "a nice day off tomorrow Chris"? .... "Erm no I'm going up to watch Huddersfield"
Great professionalism as we play them on the 2nd of Feb.......(or maybe to run the rule over nahki wells )

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He's joining Huddersfield... How quickly will this rumour spread to Twitter :lol:

On a side note, penny for Colin Calderwood's thoughts right now?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
He's joining Huddersfield... How quickly will this rumour spread to Twitter :lol:

I was just talking about that with someone last night. I wonder how Colin will feel when we celebrate winning the League on the last day of the season and he doesn't get to join in. Icing on the cake would be for us to beat them that pips them for a play off spot

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I was just talking about that with someone last night. I wonder how Colin will feel when we celebrate winning the League on the last day of the season and he doesn't get to join in. Icing on the cake would be for us to beat them that pips them for a play off spot

Trollope seems to have fitted in well though Noo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
At least he hasn't taken the weekend off to play golf unlike the new leader of the free world on his first day in the job.
In my book that makes our manager more committed than The President of The USA.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
The Gaffers off to Huddersfield? Have we cloned Hughton? Would explain our form.

What a difference an apostrophe makes. I'm off out now. Have to go to the shops to pick up a life.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ultimate professional ego-free manager. We are so lucky to have him. Match made in heaven between him and the equally straight-as-a-die decent chairman. Long may that remain the case.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Has much really changed since he left though? It's not like Villa have suddenly become better or worse. We're still good (he knew that when he left) and they're still mediocre (which he also knew).

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Holidaying in Huddersfield? Lucky sod! Hope he doesn't over animate.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Has much really changed since he left though? It's not like Villa have suddenly become better or worse. We're still good (he knew that when he left) and they're still mediocre (which he also knew).
He must have hoped that they'd pick up a little though and at least make the playoffs?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Nope - quite how big an influence the number 2 has we don't know. Chris is comfortable working with both. I've got a feeling Trollope was in work when Hughton needed a new no2 originally - maybe he was first choice all along...?

If Calderwood's move was mainly for a family reason I will say fair play - but Hughton's interview on it where he was clearly pissed off makes me think there was more to it than that and Calderwood acted like a bit of a knob. Must have been an illegal approach round the back from Villa somewhere too...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here