Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IF you left in the 40th minute for a drink and the 85th minute for a train....

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
You'd have missed two goals, two sendings offs and a MASSIVE 21 minutes of action.

Yes there were genuinely people who did that. :) :)

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Pretty much spot on for one boozy fella in our part of the North.
Arrives 5 mins after kick off - CHECK
Heads off for half-time drink on 40 minutes - CHECK
Arrives back for second half on about 50 minutes - CHECK (actually nearer 55 yesterday)
Only thing I would say is he rarely leaves early :lolol:

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
This week's official JLE bashing thread.

I'm a JLE and proud. I stayed to clap the players off last night for the first time ever as I wasn't using the trains to get home. Glad I stayed but people can leave whatever time their life outside the Amex demands.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Pretty much spot on for one boozy fella in our part of the North.
Arrives 5 mins after kick off - CHECK
Heads off for half-time drink on 40 minutes - CHECK
Arrives back for second half on about 50 minutes - CHECK (actually nearer 55 yesterday)
Only thing I would say is he rarely leaves early :lolol:

But I was happy:ffsparr:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Also a special mention for matey on the train in just a shirt and suit, proudly showing his first time 1901 badge and hoping that 'the seats are warmed' but not as hapless as the gent in the queue o/s Dick's asking the door staff where 'the entrance for the 109 Club was'.

Oh the sign of things to come.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This week's official JLE bashing thread.

I'm a JLE and proud. I stayed to clap the players off last night for the first time ever as I wasn't using the trains to get home. Glad I stayed but people can leave whatever time their life outside the Amex demands.

This.

I stayed well after the end last night. It took neary 30 minutes to get out of car park C, and I got home around 12.30 after th 80 mile drive. I can't do that every game.

Still, I never arrive late (unless traffic is bad) and I never sneak out to beat the half time queues. I feel soooo virtuous, I'm almost welling up at the thought of my pride. I think I'll give myself a big kiss :kiss:

You'd have missed two goals, two sendings offs and a MASSIVE 21 minutes of action.

Two of them sat behind me.

The irony is that I stayed to the end, saw the on-pitch celebrations, walked to the station and found myself sitting on the same train to Eastbourne as they were.

What I don't get is why they regularly miss ten minutes at the end of the first half.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

I have absolutely no sympathy. If you cannot sit (or stand) through 90 minutes of football then don't buy a ticket for the game.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This.

I stayed well after the end last night. It took neary 30 minutes to get out of car park C, and I got home around 12.30 after th 80 mile drive. I can't do that every game.

Still, I never arrive late (unless traffic is bad) and I never sneak out to beat the half time queues. I feel soooo virtuous, I'm almost welling up at the thought of my pride. I think I'll give myself a big kiss :kiss:

40 mins to get out of the Bridge car park ...sigh

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Least people went and didn't stay at home because it was too cold :whistle:

I was going to post exactly that. I had a 120 mile round trip last night, didn't get home until midnight, was effing freezing in the stadium - had forgotten hat and the thermal underwear didn't seem to be working. Wouldn't it have been easy to sit at home in the warm with a beer and watch it on Sky.

But I wouldn't have missed that for the world - all 100 minutes of it. The atmosphere at the end was just awesome. and I am a cool, calm and collected 63 year-old. I was literally jumping up and down when we scored the winner. ..... and when I say literally, I mean literally. I know what it means.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Least people went and didn't stay at home because it was too cold :whistle:

This is true but I do wonder why some people bother. While it makes me a bad person, I find it pretty amusing when there's a lot of late drama and the usual suspects miss out. Unless it's to pick up the last train from Brighton or Lewes, I just don't understand the thinking.

There is a reasonably serious point too... when we're up against it and trying to save or win a game (granted, it doesn't happen much these days but could next year), it's pretty helpful to have a big crowd urging the players on when they're knackered. I like fans to show a bit of commitment too!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This is true but I do wonder why some people bother. While it makes me a bad person, I find it pretty amusing when there's a lot of late drama and the usual suspects miss out. Unless it's to pick up the last train from Brighton or Lewes, I just don't understand the thinking.

There is a reasonably serious point too... when we're up against it and trying to save or win a game (granted, it doesn't happen much these days but could next year), it's pretty helpful to have a big crowd urging the players on when they're knackered. I like fans to show a bit of commitment too!

Hmm...it used to irk me ..so much so that I said something to one early leaver a few seasons back and he nearly landed one on me ...but now I just smile and try not to sit in judgement on people who we don't know and what there personal circumstances are....go by the adage you pays your money and you take your choices..I'm sure those who did leave are disappointed they missed so much action

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
There is a bloke near us in the West Upper who arrives 5 mins late, leaves for half time on 40 mins and never comes back for the second half. He missed almost everything of note last night.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
There is a bloke near us in the West Upper who arrives 5 mins late, leaves for half time on 40 mins and never comes back for the second half. He missed almost everything of note last night.

That is SO bizarre that it makes me think he must have some sort of decent excuse. The one who surprised me last night was the bloke who didn't pitch up until about the hour mark, only seemed vaguely interested and then managed to start a scrap before clearing off well before the final whistle. Fletcher or something, his name was...

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
That is SO bizarre that it makes me think he must have some sort of decent excuse.

He normally takes a selfie in the first half too. We've concluded the selfie is sent to his wife to prove he was at the football before he goes to see his bit on the side.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That is SO bizarre that it makes me think he must have some sort of decent excuse. The one who surprised me last night was the bloke who didn't pitch up until about the hour mark, only seemed vaguely interested and then managed to start a scrap before clearing off well before the final whistle. Fletcher or something, his name was...

Slightly odd looking with a fair pair of ears on him and a strange beard? Think I must sit near you as I saw him too...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He normally takes a selfie in the first half too. We've concluded the selfie is sent to his wife to prove he was at the football before he goes to see his bit on the side.

Hahahhaha that's probably it! Expensive way of doing things - he must have to remember to check the score before he gets home :lol:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
That is absolutely fantastic

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here