Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strikers

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Two thoughts.

- for those of you who have been saying we don't need another striker, do you still feel the same?
- to the Baldock doubters out there; do you get it yet?

Fingers crossed for some back up in the next four days. UTA.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
There may be an urgency now. I do feel that the Albion don't want to buy outright though. I get that. If we got promoted we could be saddled with a player who may be a help in this current situation but be a passenger at a higher level.

Last edited:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Yes we do and against Cardiff we could have just one available striker....Need four and I'd be happy with a young talented striker.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
There may be an urgency now. I do feel that the Albion don't want to buy outright though. I get that. If we got promoted we could be saddled with a player who may be a help in this current situation but a passenger at a higher level.

Totally agree. A pacy loan striker would be terrific for the next five months. Murray and Hemed are too similar

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
we need a striker for next year, whether up or in this league, cant rely on three forwards forever. we've been lucky with injury and form this season.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Two thoughts.

- for those of you who have been saying we don't need another striker, do you still feel the same?
- to the Baldock doubters out there; do you get it yet?

Fingers crossed for some back up in the next four days. UTA.

I hope we do get someone in. But Hughton has said that if we don't he is comfortable with the squad he has. :shrug: Unless we are trying to conceal the 'deal' :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There may be an urgency now.
There was already an urgency, as we don't have cover for Sam.
I do feel that the Albion don't want to buy outright though. I get that. If we got promoted we could be saddled with a player who may be a help in this current situation but a passenger at a higher level.
That's just not a problem with strikers, because if we got promoted and no longer needed a said striker, there'll be plenty of Championship teams who'd want them. As happens time and time again with people like Vydra, Murray, Nugget, Rhodes etc.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
we need a striker for next year, whether up or in this league, cant rely on three forwards forever. we've been lucky with injury and form this season.

That's a lot of money.... And we don't have it. Well, we could have it, but... Over to the professional gambler...

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
We are prepared to lose 6m on Dale Stephens at the end of the season so
Why are we so bothered about buying a striker that might not be able to cut it in the premier league.
Any striker that we can get that improves our squad is surely a good thing.
Let's get to the promised land first before we start judging whether any player we buy is good enough to play there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here