Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Stockdale 9 -- immense, sublime double penalty save
Goldson 6.5 -- pretty solid defensively, pretty poor going forward
Duffy 8 -- beast
Dunk 8.5 -- the neighbour of the beast
Pocognoli 8.5 -- solid at the back, utter sublime crosses
Knockaert 10 MotM -- won us the game, back on song; could have taken a half-point off for holding on to the ball for too long too many times towards the end, especially when March was free
Norwood 6.5 -- great passing, but could have done better for their goal and more imposing in the heat of the battle
Stephens 8.5 -- he was imposing in the heat of the battle, and his passing was good too
Murphy 6 -- did some good defensive work, but pretty anonymous offensively
Hemed 8 -- had a really effective game, looked sharper, set Knocky up well for his first, some good touches, interplay and hold-up play
Murray 6 -- not his day. WA said he made a great save that stopped a goal though

March 7 -- a wonder to behold when he's in flight
Sidwell 7 -- solid cameo
Skalak n/a

Who was it that set Hemed on his way for the first goal, with that brilliant outstretched pass?

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Duffy 8 -- beast
Knockaert 10 MotM -- won us the game, back on song; could have taken a half-point off for holding on to the ball for too long too many times towards the end, especially when March was free
Norwood 6.5 -- great passing, but could have done better for their goal and more imposing in the heat of the battle
Stephens 8.5 -- he was imposing in the heat of the battle, and his passing was good too
Hemed 8 -- had a really effective game, looked sharper, set Knocky up well for his first, some good touches, interplay and hold-up play
Murray 6 -- not his day. WA said he made a great save that stopped a goal though

Sidwell 7 -- solid cameo
Skalak n/a

Who was it that set Hemed on his way for the first goal, with that brilliant outstretched pass?
Poco put the out stretched pass for the Hemed run to goal. Meant Norwood

Sent by WEI Device

Last edited:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Stockdale 9. Penalty save and follow-up save were immense, but a couple of occasions in the second half when he went for the same ball as one of our CBs and either time could have resulted in a goal. May not have been his fault, but communication needs to be improved. My joint MOM.
Goldson 7. Did well defensively.
Duffy 8. Superb.
Dunk 8. Equally superb. Would want to see the og again to see whether he was at fault or whether just unlucky.
Pocognoli 8. Very good defensively and in attack. Wonderful cross for the 2nd goal.
Stephens 8. good to have him back.
Norwood 7. One very poor free kick, otherwise a decent game.
Murphy 6. Anonymous for most of the game.
Knockaert 9. Back to his very best. Two very good goals. Tended to hold on to the ball for too long towards the end when better options available. Joint MOM.
Murray 7. Not his best game.
Hemed 7. OK

Subs:
March 7. Did what was required.
Sidwell 7. Ditto.
Skalak N/A

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Stockdale 8 - all about that moment. Thought he looks shaky tonight and failed to dominate his box
Goldson 5 - looked woefully out of position, which of course, he was. I'd play Hunt on Tuesday
Duffy 8 - immense.
Dunk 7 - strangely quiet. Unlucky with the OG
Pocognoli 8 - two incredible deliveries.
Knockaert 10 MotM - sublime. Wednesday will be delighted to see the back of him
Norwood 6 - I'm surprised kayal or sidwell didn't replace him sooner but CH loves his set pieces. Calamitous intervention that led to the OG. Marked up for releasing Hemed for the goal
Stephens 7 - better than Norwood, but we often looked overrun in midfield, even with eleven men
Murphy 6 - didn't offer too much. Should have scored with that header
Hemed 7 - good game. Great work for the opener. Tired.
Murray 5 - largely anonymous until he popped up in our own box

March 6
Sidwell 6
Skalak n/a

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Duffy 8 -- beast

Sidwell 7 -- solid cameo
Skalak n/a

Excellent set of ratings, although I would dock Knocky 0.5 for the reasons you state. Duffy was an absolute monster in the air....towering.

Top, top marks for CH too. Right subs at the right time (again) seemed to stabilise things.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Stockdale 9
Goldson 6.5 For a centre back playing right back-he did a good job.
Duffy 8.5 Huge
Dunk 8.5 Quality-unlucky with the own goal
Pocognoli 8 Great crosses and assist
Messi-sorry, Knockaert 10 He's special
Stephens 6.5 Wan't overly impressed with the midfield tonight, but ok
Norwood 6.5 Brilliant cross for Duffy who should have scored
Murphy 6 Didn't show enough for me
Hemed 7
Murray 6 Unfortunate

March 7
Sidwell 7 Calm
Skalak N/A

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Stockdale 11 - enough said
Goldson 6
Duffy 8
Dunk 7.5
Pocognoli 7
Knockaert 9.5
Norwood 6
Stephens 6
Murphy 6.5
Hemed 6.5
Murray 6.5 - an extra .5 for celebrating Stocker's pen save

March 7
Sidwell 7.5 - should start on Tues
Skalak 7

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Stockdale 9 --Peno double save and could do nothing for goal against
Goldson 6 -- Caught out of position in lead up to massives goal. Not natural position so ont wanna be too harsh
Duffy 8 -- Solid
Dunk 8 -- Solid
Pocognoli 9 -- solid at the back, great crosses and forward play.
Knockaert 10 -- Great work rate, always beating his man and 2 goals
Norwood 6 -- Was a bit quiet
Stephens 8 -- Solid all round
Murphy 6 -- Didn't see too much of him tbh
Hemed 7 -- Ok. Caused problems to Wendy's defence.
Murray 7 -- Also caused problems for Wendy's defence. Cannot really fault him for his red card but was a pen and wont argue the card either

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Off of the telly:

Stockdale 10 MoM , didn't put a foot wrong and one of the best saves I have seen, from the penalty rebound
Goldson 7, defensively great, clearly scared to commit going forward and to overlap Knocky, but filled in very well
Dunk 8, awesome, as usual
Duffy 8, awesome, as usual
Pocognoli, 9, awesome, as not realised, but has to keep his shirt
Stephens 7 Good
Norwood 6 Good going forward, less so defensively, its an interesting decision Hughton has made to go with Norwood over Sidwell, but it is the right one
Knockaert 9 :bowdown:
Murphy 6 not really in the game
Murray 5 also did very little
Hemed 7 led the line very well and great composure for the goal

subs March 7, Sidwell 6

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Anyone giving Stockdale less than 10 needs to have a word with themselves....

Stocko 12. Double saves like that are once in a lifetime events. Add to that we went on to win..... And we're top of the league
Goldson. 7. I love him. But he ain't Bruno
Duffy. 8.5. As others have said.... Beast
Dunk 8. Good to have him back
Poc. 8. Great performance.
Murphy 7 oddly quiet tonight
Stephens 7. Not at his best but glad to have him back
Norwood. 6. Kayal will have his spot offhim soon
Knockaert 9. Inspired
Hemed 9. I was really disappointed to see him start. That run and through ball to Knocky was exquisite.
Murray. 7. shame he won't be available for Tuesday

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Surely March starts v Cardiff. Murphy was anonymous for the whole match. He is a talented player that doesn't seem to want to come out of his shell. Wouldn't mind if he did a lot of defensive work when he's not playing well on the wing but he doesn't!!!

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Murphy a generous 0
Knockeart & stockdale 10
Norwood 5
Everyone else 7.5

I'm with mothy.

How we've managed to get away with playing Norwood and we're still top is beyond me.

Never before have I seen a player have to apologise to his team mates so many times before.

Oliver, please just concentrate and stop making so many mistakes.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Stockdale 8
Pocognoli 8.5
Dunk 7.5
Duffy 7
Goldson 6
Murphy 5
Norwood 6
Stephens 8
Knockaert 8
Hemed 6
Murray 6

Teamwork & togetherness 10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Knockaert 10 (think it's the first one I've ever given)
Hemed and Stockdale 9 - what a shift Tomer put in and had a hand in both goals.
Everyone else 7 bar Goldson, who's really not a full back and Murphy, who did little of note

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Hughton -
Rivsalt_Kitchen_and_Taste-002.jpg

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Duffy 8 -- beast

Sidwell 7 -- solid cameo
Skalak n/a

I think you'll find that 664 s the neighbour of the beast :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I must admt, Stocko's penalty save was massive, but twice he faild to shout (I assume) and Duffy and Dubk got into a faff with needless headers. Obvs, if the defendrs defied Stocko's orders it would be a different story. But I was moved to shout 'FFS call for the ball Stockdale'.

Apologies if I am wrong or unduly unfair with my 7 for Stockdale.

I also feel that Stephens busked it a bit today. Sublime talent, but not enough effort. We missed Kayal in my view. He looked decent in the cup game, and I would like to see him back for Norwood.

Knocky was 9.5, and my only 10 goes to the manager for bringing on attacking players when we were 1-1 and down to ten men. Massive bollocks and nous there, Chris. I salute you.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Stockdale 8 - all about that moment. Thought he looks shaky tonight and failed to dominate his box
Goldson 5 - looked woefully out of position, which of course, he was. I'd play Hunt on Tuesday
Duffy 8 - immense.
Dunk 7 - strangely quiet. Unlucky with the OG
Pocognoli 8 - two incredible deliveries.
Knockaert 10 MotM - sublime. Wednesday will be delighted to see the back of him
Norwood 6 - I'm surprised kayal or sidwell didn't replace him sooner but CH loves his set pieces. Calamitous intervention that led to the OG. Marked up for releasing Hemed for the goal
Stephens 7 - better than Norwood, but we often looked overrun in midfield, even with eleven men
Murphy 6 - didn't offer too much. Should have scored with that header
Hemed 7 - good game. Great work for the opener. Tired.
Murray 5 - largely anonymous until he popped up in our own box

March 6
Sidwell 6
Skalak n/a

I'd go with not only your ratings bar 1 but also comments. Norwood & Murphy were met at the races.

For me Murray had a good game until the freak sending off. Some excellent control and touches / lay-offs. I'd go 7 for him. Although Murray & Hemed upfront simply doesn't work that well due to the obvious...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here