Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Cardiff...

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Will Baldock be back? I haven't seen why he was missing today.

If it's just Hemed as a fit striker, I'd like to see 4-3-3 with the wide forwards being March and Knockaert, with Stephens, Kayla and Norwood (behind the front 3) in the middle. Think it's time to get Kayal back too, but if it's too soon just swap for Sidwell. I like Kayal and Hemed together too.

So....
Stockdale
Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Pocognoli (spelling??)
Stephens
Kayal
Norwood
Knockaert
Hemed
Match

Bench
GK
Goodson
Hunt
Sidwell
Towell
Murphy
Skalak

But stick to a regular 4-4-2 if Sam is back!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
--------------- Stockdale -------------------
Bruno --- Duffy --- Dunk --- Pocognoli
Stephens -- Norwood -- Kayal/Sidwell
Knockaert -------------------------- March
-----------------Hemed ----------------------

Subs: Maenpaa, Goldson, Adekugbe, Sidwell/Kayal, Skalak, Murphy, Robbie Keane :wink:

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
------------------ Stockdale -----------------
Bruno ----- Duffy -- Dunk --- Pocognoli
Knockeart --- Kayal -- Stephens -- March
----------- Baldock --------- Hemed ----------

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
DO not go ****ing about with formations. Stick with 442. If Baldock is out then play March or Skalak with Hemed.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Goldson was glaringly out of position tonight. Really worried about Tues - if Bruno not back surely he has to start Rosenior and see how he gets on..?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
....................no
no........no...........no........no
no........no...........no........no
....................no
...............your mum

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
We have got where we are by playing 4-4-2. CH won't change his ways. The team is drilled to play 4-4-2 in their sleep.

In fact they probably eat, shit, drink and sleep 4-4-2.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Goldson was glaringly out of position tonight. Really worried about Tues - if Bruno not back surely he has to start Rosenior and see how he gets on..?

This was dreadful, even lost the aerial battles for the first 20 mins.

Rob Hunt or Rosenoir for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Goldson got better as the game progressed but we miss the full back overlap. If Baldock is out, no reports of how serious his injury is, I would play March out wide and Murphy alongside Hemed. Cardiff will come and park the bus as is usual for NW teams.

ps The Argus article about a possible appeal also says Baldock missed the game with a slight strain so perhaops he will be ok for Tuesday.

Last edited:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I wouldn't change the formation to a 4-5-1. Hemed doesn't have the pace on his own.

Most probably see Murphy in the middle with March in the left

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What is the injury Baldrick has ?

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
From what I saw of Rosenior on Monday night I think he is still a while away from first team action

Stumpy Tim

Goldson is the type of player who needs games to be effective - he made a few mistakes when he first got in the team last season. He wasn't the best at Preston, or in the first half last night, but by the second half was on his game. I have no problems about him playing on Tuesday if Bruno's out. He also adds another element at set-pieces - last night we could have had Dunk, Goldson, Duffy, Murray, Stephens and Hemed attacking set-pieces, though Stephens seemed to be playing last man for some reason. But that would be 6 (six) 6 footers attacking the delivery from Norwood and Knockaert.

Personally I would like to see Kayal back against Cardiff as Warnock will make that game a war, and Kayal makes a huge difference. Kayal for Norwood, and bring Jiri for his set-pieces. So for me:

Stockdale
Goldson (assuming no Bruno)
Duffy
Dunk
Pocognoli
Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
Skalak
Hemed
Baldock

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
I thought Towell played pretty well just behind the striker in the Dongs game. Maybe worth a try in place of Baldrick (if still injured).

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I would play Rosenior at RB if he's ready to go, started for the U23s recently so why not.

Stockers
Rosenior, Duffy, dunk, Poc
Knockaert, Stephens, Kayal, March
Hemed, Murphy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here