Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephens

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Didn't we make an appeal for action against Barton last season when he stamped on kayal?

Wednesday will do the same for Stephens I'm sure who could be in trouble.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
No. They won't. That's stupid.
Burnley were are promotion rivals. We are not Wednesday's rivals.

If anything, they want us full strength to beat Leeds, Hudds, Reading, Derby etc etc.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He certainly provoked Fletcher and looked equally at fault, I have to say haven't yet been able to work out exactly what Fletcher did to get a straight red. But would be astonished, nay amazed, if there is a retroactive red on Stephens
Fletcher put his head against Stephens, so technically a head button and a sending off.

But it's all a bit dumb. When did football stop being a man's game where a ref could just tell both players to sort themselves out, enough handbags or they'll be off next time?

For me, the only necessary red card of the evening was the last one - an absolute disgrace.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
He certainly provoked Fletcher and looked equally at fault, I have to say haven't yet been able to work out exactly what Fletcher did to get a straight red. But would be astonished, nay amazed, if there is a retroactive red on Stephens

Fletcher jerked his head towards Stephens face. To be fair to Stephens many players would have gone down clutching their face as if they had been nutted by Tyson.

Stephens did seem to catch Fletcher with his forearm but I can't work out if it was deliberate or if he was pushing him away. Could have been a red for both but could have been a red for McManaman too who steamed in and started aggro on players that weren't even involved. Absolute headcase that one.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

Whats retroactive?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Didn't we make an appeal for action against Barton last season when he stamped on kayal?

Wednesday will do the same for Stephens I'm sure who could be in trouble.

Did Barton finish up getting banned for that stamp then? Don't remember that............................

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here