Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ridiculous Game - Thoughts from an Owl

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
Had it then threw it away. Absolutely fuming with the team and some individuals were a disgrace at the end. Fair play you guys completely deserved that win. We were our own worst enemy tonight and that's the first time I've ever seen that from us.

The game itself was fairly even with you guys shading it, then obviously the penalty changed the game. Wasn't a red but was a clear penalty. The fantastic double save from Stockdale should've really kicked us on but we were tame and didn't drive forward enough. You stayed strong and in shape and countered well and with quality. We lost our heads and your revenge was complete. Fletcher was just stupid with the experience he has. Hutchinson was beyond that... I got my leg broken as a youth in a similar tackle to that and therefore can not feel anything other than disgusted and let down. That... after I'd built him up before the game.

It is an underestimated asset to have such a strong team game. Maybe one day we'll get it right.

Let the mockery ensue.

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
Keith Andrews got it right on Sky when he said that Brighton played as a team where you played as Individuals

In the mould of Burnley last season. When it's so strong it really puts you in the top echelons of the league. We just have half that. Half a strong spine and the rest are individuals. It's rarer to have that togetherness and money cannot buy it.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Sure we'll gloat now, but it's looking like a strong yorkshire playoff final. You play some nice stuff, especially when forestierri stays upright and hutchinson takes the gloves off. Dust yourselves off, go again next week.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Fair view that and decent comments. It was a red though. It was ball to hand despite it being a reflex movement. I think if the red hadn't been given Wednesday fans would have been furious. As would Albion fans if the situation had been reversed.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Fair analysis, but you're probably being a tad harsh. You're a quality side, and I'll be surprised if you don't make the play-offs. I do think your defence needs improvement. Hutchison looked good, and his bad tackle didn't affect the game and was a sign of frustration. I hope Hunt is OK. From where I was, it didn't look like there was any malice in the challenge.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Hutchinson should have been booked for sliding in at Hemed in the build up to our first.

As thugs go he's the real deal

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
In the mould of Burnley last season. When it's so strong it really puts you in the top echelons of the league. We just have half that. Half a strong spine and the rest are individuals. It's rarer to have that togetherness and money cannot buy it.

Just do us a favour and get results against the others in the top 6

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Had it then threw it away. Absolutely fuming with the team and some individuals were a disgrace at the end. Fair play you guys completely deserved that win. We were our own worst enemy tonight and that's the first time I've ever seen that from us.

The game itself was fairly even with you guys shading it, then obviously the penalty changed the game. Wasn't a red but was a clear penalty. The fantastic double save from Stockdale should've really kicked us on but we were tame and didn't drive forward enough. You stayed strong and in shape and countered well and with quality. We lost our heads and your revenge was complete. Fletcher was just stupid with the experience he has. Hutchinson was beyond that... I got my leg broken as a youth in a similar tackle to that and therefore can not feel anything other than disgusted and let down. That... after I'd built him up before the game.

It is an underestimated asset to have such a strong team game. Maybe one day we'll get it right.

Let the mockery ensue.

No mockery - your assessment for the most part, excepting the red for Murray (100% spot on by the ref), was just about right...

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
Sure we'll gloat now, but it's looking like a strong yorkshire playoff final. You play some nice stuff, especially when forestierri stays upright and hutchinson takes the gloves off. Dust yourselves off, go again next week.

I agree, we HAVE been in decent play off form. But that's it. Tonight was our chance to see if we could step it up and didn't. I just hope we learn from this rather than it defining our season. But as an aside I don't think I could handle Leeds in any play off match... :ffsparr:

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Can you explain what Callum McManaman was doing on the Fletcher red? He was trying to push our big fellas about like a kid who'd drunk to much Cola!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Two fully committed teams going for it. Tough game that could have gone either way. Not surprised to see the reds, this meant something.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I thought we were very fortunate tonight. I couldn't see anything other than a Wednesday win after the Murray red. I guess I forgot about the character in the side. Winners find a way.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Let the mockery ensue.
Good post, if a little harsh on your performance which on another night could easily have nabbed a win.

If we don't make top two I'd be nervous about playing Wednesday in the playoffs.

Winnall is an excellent signing.

Cheers for the 6 points!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If I were a Wednesday fan I would hope the manager gave those players a serious hair dryer event after that implosion

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The Hutchinson tackle was an absolute disgrace against a young pro who has only just come back from a year out through injury.

****ing disgusting. He deserves something very bad happening to him.

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
Can you explain what Callum McManaman was doing on the Fletcher red? He was trying to push our big fellas about like a kid who'd drunk to much Cola!

I don't know but if you look on our forum we are all as confused. He's only been here a few weeks and has had 4 sub appearances to his name yet seems to act like he's carrying the weight of the whole team and turns into some sort of crazed maniac in the style of golem.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Money can buy it (it's not like we've shopped in the bargain basement), but IMO your club is not doing it right. You seem to bring in players with good footballing reputations without taking into account their characters. FF for example, decent footballer but I'd be pissed off if we signed him, and we need to strengthen in that area.

Anyway, you have thrown enough money at it to ensure you finish top 6 I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here