Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
20 minutes until train, been waiting since I left at full time. Lucky we won tonight or there might be more anger about.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Once again Southern doing their best to make a mess of what should have been an easy service tonight. Could they not find a few extra carriages at 10pm at night?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Did the hundred fans on Shoreham station at ten past six get a train in? We clubbed together for a taxi for the second match in succession.

There did not seem to be any trains from Brighton after five past seven?

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Stayed for a bit after and train queue was still fairly long. Along came a 3 coach and then a 4 coach and finally a 12 coach to London via Brighton. Why would you not do this 12 coach more often?

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I gave up on the Brighton queue, and then the bus queue to eventually get to Lewes for the only train back to London from there, the 22:40. Was 15 minutes late but no harm done. Until it turned up and announced it would be going to London via Falmer and Brighton. Back to London at 1am

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Awful accident on Falmer Road, which was closed both ways at the end of the match - looked like a head-on collision, two cars involved. Presumably significantly delayed Racecourse P&R buses. Hope those involved are ok.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Coastline trains were a shambles before the game. Went to get the 5.01, turned out to be cancelled (natch), next one posted for 5.31. Thinking that was equally unlikely, I got a 700 into town. Met a mate for a couple of beers in the Welly, with a view to mincing up to Brighton station around half six. Caught wind of some ensuing carnage, something about the next train being 7.10 then 7.40, so walked to the Steine and got a 25 bus instead.

Didn't fancy running the SASTA gauntlet post-match, so ponced a lift from a mate who'd done the P&R at Mithras, got home around 10.20. Trains are just an absolute write-off.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Stayed for a bit after and train queue was still fairly long. Along came a 3 coach and then a 4 coach and finally a 12 coach to London via Brighton. Why would you not do this 12 coach more often?

Because its scheduled to head Lewes to Wivelsfield via Plumpton but couldnt because of engineering works this evening.

I gave up on the Brighton queue, and then the bus queue to eventually get to Lewes for the only train back to London from there, the 22:40. Was 15 minutes late but no harm done. Until it turned up and announced it would be going to London via Falmer and Brighton. Back to London at 1am

Likewise and then ran the gauntlet of Vic line to bakerloo and then Met line JUST in time for the last train out my way. Nearly an Uber from Baker St. Let's hope it's not the same Tuesday, somehow.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I ended up getting rammed into a 4 car carriage at 10.40, having queued straight after the final whistle.

D

Deleted User X18H

23:07 from Falmer. A quick Sing Li then the 23:37 BTOWN to Preston Park

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Lewes Road P&R. New people loading the buses at Mithras House. Putting 72 on each bus due to health and safety! Bus takes 96. Queue was three times longer than normal and then the driver took the long route up the ramp letting in cars all the way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here