Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

25 bus to/from Amex advice

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
I'm getting the 25 bus from Palmeira Square, Hove tomorrow night - for the first time - which I've heard is a good alternative to the train

Where's the best place to pick up the 25 back into Hove after the match?

Any other tips?

Thanks.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Give yourself plenty of time. Its a right slag getting up through Lewes Road, especially rush hour on a Friday I'd imagine.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I'm getting the 25 bus from Palmeira Square, Hove tomorrow night - for the first time - which I've heard is a good alternative to the train

Any other tips?

Thanks.

Be careful.

The 25 doesn't always run from Palmeira Sq - B&H buses have in the past quire regularly turned them around at the Old Steine during busy periods

You will probably be OK, but if I was going to do that route I would pickup the 25 from the Old Steine, just to be 100% sure.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I use this bus every game and would say do not wait on the A27 as it will be full by the time it gets there I always get the first bus from near the away end in Village way then change at Lewes Rd garage if it is a 23 or 50 to get into town. All buses go to Old Steine when you can get on another bus to Hove and get a seat comfortably. You may be standing or squashed to the garage but after that you should be ok.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
There's a 1 in 3 chance that at the Pavilion or St Peters some GOON will dive into the bus via the back doors and the driver will refuse to leave until they've ****ed off. They will feign ignorance.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Any other tips?

Thanks.

PALARCE :moo:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Get any bus to Churchill Square and change there. I caught the 29 back after the cup game which went to Imperial Arcade.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
I use this bus every game and would say do not wait on the A27 as it will be full by the time it gets there I always get the first bus from near the away end in Village way then change at Lewes Rd garage if it is a 23 or 50 to get into town. All buses go to Old Steine when you can get on another bus to Hove and get a seat comfortably. You may be standing or squashed to the garage but after that you should be ok.

Spot on

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Better still, the terminus/starting point is up the hill behind the West Stand. You can get a 23, 25 or 50 from there and they all go to Lewes Road garage then on to different destinations. That's a good place to change if you are heading somewhere specific. Beware of the 50. It goes to Churchill Square but via Hollingdean, which can add ages to your journey.

The trouble with the A27 stop is that it's a bit of a melee, packed buses and loads of students heading into town as well as the football crowd.

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove

Thanks - that sounds like good advice

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
Better still, the terminus/starting point is up the hill behind the West Stand. You can get a 23, 25 or 50 from there and they all go to Lewes Road garage then on to different destinations. That's a good place to change if you are heading somewhere specific. Beware of the 50. It goes to Churchill Square but via Hollingdean, which can add ages to your journey.

The trouble with the A27 stop is that it's a bit of a melee, packed buses and loads of students heading into town as well as the football crowd.
Great - thanks.

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
So in twelve years since you joined NSC you don't know what bus to get get nigel - give over :moo:

I don't go that often SIMMO but when I have been I've always travelled from Hove station, near my house. Though I cycled once - got some advice on that from NSC too. This will only be my 5th visit (I think) to the Amex. What can I say? I'm not a hardcore supporter but loads of my friends are, so I always enjoy my visits. Had a season ticket at Arsenal for all of the 90s but always followed Albion too - saw games at the Goldstone and Withdean too.

I hardly dare mention that this is my first game as a "half" season ticket holder, but it is.

#JCL #GloryBoy

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here