Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains to Lincoln

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Now it is confirmed for the Saturday, looking on National Rail journey planner, I put in Lancing to Lincoln and only one journey comes up for the whole day. If I do Lancing to London/London to Lincoln, there are frequent journeys throughout the day. Any ideas?

Looks like it is buses between Brighton and Three Bridges also. - EDIT: This doesn't appear on journey planners but I think I read it somewhere

Last edited:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Newark North Gate is about 20 mins from Lincoln by car - I'd say a cab can't be much more than £20 so if there's a few of you have a look at that, although I'd book one first as I'm not sure whether there's much of a permanent rank outside.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
It looks like you can get all the way to Lincoln by train, it is just strange how the journey planner only comes up with 1 journey for the whole day

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
It looks like you can get all the way to Lincoln by train, it is just strange how the journey planner only comes up with 1 journey for the whole day

Yeah I didn't read your initial post properly. My mistake.

I'd still potentially look into doing it though.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Thameslink line to St.P. You can get a Virgin train from Kings Cross to Newark North Gate, then change there for Lincoln.

If you need to be back at NNG at a certain time, it may be quicker to get a train to Newark Castle and then a 10-15min walk to NNG.

50 quid in total cheapest i've seen so far. With an overnight in Huddersfield beckoning 4-5 days later I may give this a skip.

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
Just booked Brighton to Lincoln for £42.90 on Virgin but I do have a disabled adult card

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Just seen that replacement buses are definitely running between brighton and three bridges but journey planner won't show this until Friday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here