Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans acknowledgement on promotion - petition

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Erm. Thoughts? Still can't work out if this is a joke?!

https://www.change.org/p/brighton-and-hove-albion-football-club-acknowledgment-on-promotion

Many long standing Brighton fans will recall the good times at the Goldstone Ground, previous home of Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club. Many will also recall the bad times through the 90's. We almost went out of business and dropped out of the football league all together.
Through the dedication of Brighton supporters and the support of many other clubs supporters including those from clubs such as Plymouth Argyle, Lincoln City, Portsmouth, Charlton and many more, including fans from international clubs from countries such as Germany and The Netherlands.
We helped bring national and international attention to the plight of our great club. It helped to save us from dropping out of football league and save our club from oblivion. (Of course with the dedication and financial help help of a few special people).
We ask the management of the club to ensure and promise the fans that in the event of a club promotion to the Premier League, either this season or any season in the future, that they conduct or hold a special event including press reporting either pre-match or half time during the first home game of said season that serves to acknowledge the Brighton fans and just as importantly the fans of the clubs that attended and helped organise Fans United Day against Hartlepool FC and other events during the troubled days of the 90's and further to acknowledge the struggles of all clubs up and down the country suffering at the hands of poor management and that Brighton is a beacon of what 'could be' with the right support and actions.
This would be an acknowledgement that would endear the management of Brighton even further in the minds of Albion fans and cement that relationship.
We understand the club is already marking the anniversary this year but we are specifically asking for acknowledgment of fans of all clubs that supported us as a way of thanking them and dedicating, in part, our success to them.
This petition is submitted not because the club is refusing to do any such thing but as a way of fans being able to sign their support for such an idea and to make the club aware of the support for such an idea.
Signed: The Goldstone Ground Facebook Group and Brighton Supporters everywhere.

This petition will be delivered to:
Board of Directors
Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club
Chairman, Brighton & Hove Albion FC
Tony Bloom
Chief Executive, Brighton & Hove Albion FC
Paul Barber
Read the letter
Rob Ellison started this petition with a single signature, and now has 15 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.

Last edited:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
An email to the club would have sufficed surely? As if the club won't go overboard and go through the history of BHA since the FA Cup Final, if we go up. To demand it is rather embarrassing, maybe give them a chance first?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What a load of unnecessary chicken-counting, self-important, self-congratulatory bunkum.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
An email to the club would have sufficed surely? As if the club won't go overboard and go through the history of BHA since the FA Cup Final, if we go up. To demand it is rather embarrassing, maybe give them a chance first?

That

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Two things: A sizeable number of fans don't even like to acknowledge the away support when the attendance is announced. Secondly, and more importantly, shall we get promoted first?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Erm. Thoughts? Still can't work out if this is a joke?

https://www.change.org/p/brighton-and-hove-albion-football-club-acknowledgment-on-promotion

Many long standing Brighton fans will recall the good times at the Goldstone Ground, previous home of Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club. Many will also recall the bad times through the 90's. We almost went out of business and dropped out of the football league all together.
Through the dedication of Brighton supporters and the support of many other clubs supporters including those from clubs such as Plymouth Argyle, Lincoln City, Portsmouth, Charlton and many more, including fans from international clubs from countries such as Germany and The Netherlands.
We helped bring national and international attention to the plight of our great club. It helped to save us from dropping out of football league and save our club from oblivion. (Of course with the dedication and financial help help of a few special people).
We ask the management of the club to ensure and promise the fans that in the event of a club promotion to the Premier League...

Stopped reading at this point. :bla: :bla:

Genuine Albion fans don't give very much of a sh*t what division we're in. We always hope for the best but we always expect the worst. Players, managers, directors, chairmen all move on. In the end, we, the supporters, ARE the club. without the supporters, the club doesn't exist.

For that reason, I'm OUT :wave:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Indeed. Embarrassing.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Indeed. Embarrassing.

Not only embarrassing, but also a little annoying. I (like many others on here) am a member of that Goldstone facebook page (lots of interesting photos and memories of past times) and do not at all like that this nonsense demand is signed on my behalf.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Erm. Thoughts?

We ask the management of the club to ensure and promise the fans that in the event of a club promotion to the Premier League, either this season or any season in the future, that they conduct or hold a special event including press reporting either pre-match or half time during the first home game of said season that serves to acknowledge the Brighton fans and just as importantly the fans of the clubs that attended and helped organise Fans United Day against Hartlepool FC and other events during the troubled days of the 90's and further to acknowledge the struggles of all clubs up and down the country suffering at the hands of poor management and that Brighton is a beacon of what 'could be' with the right support and actions.
This would be an acknowledgement that would endear the management of Brighton even further in the minds of Albion fans and cement that relationship.
We understand the club is already marking the anniversary this year but we are specifically asking for acknowledgment of fans of all clubs that supported us as a way of thanking them and dedicating, in part, our success to them.
This petition is submitted not because the club is refusing to do any such thing but as a way of fans being able to sign their support for such an idea and to make the club aware of the support for such an idea.
Signed: The Goldstone Ground Facebook Group and Brighton Supporters everywhere.

This petition will be delivered to:
Board of Directors
Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club
Chairman, Brighton & Hove Albion FC
Tony Bloom
Chief Executive, Brighton & Hove Albion FC
Paul Barber
Read the letter
Rob Ellison started this petition with a single signature, and now has 15 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.

I was there, I cried, I went on marches, I signed petitions, I went Bill Archers gaff after the Wigan Athletic game, I went to Fans United, etc, etc.

I did my bit as did thousands of others, I don't need a pat on the back.

Forgive me I won't be signing that it sounds almost pompous, patronising and arrogant not what this football club is about....

We get on with it "together"

Reaching the Premiership is not the end of the situation or a catalyst for a pat on the back either.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Definitely seems like the closer we edge towards the Premier League, the more people start to go a wee bit head-mental. Much as the club's interactiveness with the fans is wholly admirable, there comes a point when IMHO they need to call a halt to indulging some of these social media wallahs that come up with some half-bright idea that seems to make sense to them at the time but not to many others.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
That's promotion out the window for another season then. Let the rebuilding begin for 17/18.

What pretentious rubbish. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in Bloom's/Barber's/Camillin's offices when emails like this come in. Something like this, I imagine...

Qe5oD5aXjEbKw.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here